Sims 4 toddlers controlling adults

by Denisemagdich

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 toddlers controlling adults

★★ Novice

Couldn’t find a post about this online - So here is mine.

I am so furious. Everytime I want my adult Sim to do something, they just drop it immediately because the toddler wants out of the high chair or the toddler wants a bath or the toddler wants a lil snack. NO!

In Sims 3 they just screamed, wich was annoying but way more realistic and totally fine. Way better than that bs. 

Please help me and tell me there is a solution other than turning off free will. 

Message 1 of 4 (404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 toddlers controlling adults

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DenisemagdichStrange, my toddlers have all been fairly independent and as long as I sort of stayed ahead of the needs they were fine to dance or play dolls or babble at the family pet. They never really needed much, though I stayed ahead of the needs curve and never used a high chair. They were content to waddle to the couch or eat on the floor. They do get sad and occasionally angry but really my experience has been that they're fairly independent, even the clingy trait toddler. They just get sad when a parent goes to work more or less.

If you want realism I could just suggest keep the needs above yellow or you could just disable the toddlers needs and work on their skills as you want. They will still potty and sleep with needs decay disabled. I cheat need them to "happy" with needs still in decay when they visit parks etc just so my adults can grill and chat with friends while the toddler plays either on the wabbit tablet or at a toddler park if you have that pack.  

Edit:  you can always "x" what the parent is about to do in the queue for the toddler if you don't want them to constantly check on them or whatever they may be about to do and let the toddler cry a minute.  Hire a nanny is another option if you have the funds.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DenisemagdichStrange, my toddlers have all been fairly independent and as long as I sort of stayed ahead of the needs they were fine to dance or play dolls or babble at the family pet. They never really needed much, though I stayed ahead of the needs curve and never used a high chair. They were content to waddle to the couch or eat on the floor. They do get sad and occasionally angry but really my experience has been that they're fairly independent, even the clingy trait toddler. They just get sad when a parent goes to work more or less.

If you want realism I could just suggest keep the needs above yellow or you could just disable the toddlers needs and work on their skills as you want. They will still potty and sleep with needs decay disabled. I cheat need them to "happy" with needs still in decay when they visit parks etc just so my adults can grill and chat with friends while the toddler plays either on the wabbit tablet or at a toddler park if you have that pack.  

Edit:  you can always "x" what the parent is about to do in the queue for the toddler if you don't want them to constantly check on them or whatever they may be about to do and let the toddler cry a minute.  Hire a nanny is another option if you have the funds.  

Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

★★ Novice

Hm…thank your very much for your response.

I think it really was only when their needs were in the red haha. 
I‘m gonna try to first fill their needs and then do other stuff. 

have a good day!

Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

Champion

@Denisemagdich , just like @wahini2024 mentioned I don't use highchairs in the game!  They are too finicky to deal with and if you have more than one teen or older on the lot they will all try to put them in or take them out of the highchair at the same time!  I know @SheriGR feels the same on this!  The highchairs are evil! Disappointed

Instead, toddlers will eat at any chair that isn't pulled up to a table, or go and sit on the couch or chair in the living room or even a bed if other family members are in the bedroom.  I've even seen them choose to sit on the floor to eat, though this is rare!  Just leave a plate of food (either single or group meal) on a counter or table or even the floor for them to reach! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (312 Views)