Sims 4 sims can't pick up food from the floor to throw it away

by Maybon27

Original Post

Sims 4 sims can't pick up food from the floor to throw it away

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I accidentally put some half cooked burgers on the floor in the kitchen of one of my Sim Households. Every Sim in the household throws their hands up saying they can't get to them to throw them away and I can't even move them in build mode but its starting to make the family get really grossed out and refuse to do things. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 15 (6,992 Views)

Re: Sims 4 sims can't pick up food from the floor to throw it away

Champion (Retired)

@Maybon27 

Use the sledgehammer in build mode to delete it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (6,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsenWill that not delete the whole room?

Edit: I just tried that and it said the item could not be deleted. 

Message 3 of 15 (6,969 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Maybon27 

Try deleting the floor that should also delete that. You will of course need to rebuild the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 15 (6,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen I tried that as well, at this point I'm half tempted just to more the whole family out but I literally just got this house the way I wanted it! 😂
Message 5 of 15 (6,922 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Maybon27 

If you are not opposed to using Mods you can try Twistedmexi's T.O.O.L mod which may be able to do ip. Just search for it in Google.

Message 6 of 15 (6,893 Views)

★ Novice

I have the bug too.

For some reason my sims would not stop grilling stuff and then leaving the food out to rot without eating any, so I removed the grill. It had half-cooked asado on it. I took it out of my inventory to delete it and it became glued to the kitchen floor.

My sims show the same behavior of not being able to clean it up, I think because it's supposed to be attached to grill animations. They sure react to it when it starts to stink, though! Resetting it so it at least isn't rotten doesn't seem to work either. I tried putting the grill back and reuniting them, but that doesn't work either.

I've tried using testingcheats and the various object codes to try to remove it, but as the OP describes it's not a clickable object in build mode. The sledgehammer says it's not a deleteable object and deleting the floor under it does nothing. I even saved the lot and re-placed it, and tried moving the room to another part of the lot, but it's become this permanent disgusting design feature of my custom house!

The one thing I could do was create a little room around the food, and then move that room out to the yard. Now I have a little shrine to some stinky half-cooked asado in my yard, but at least no one's likely to be bothered by it out there...

Message 7 of 15 (6,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same issue. Tried everything, then your idea of creating a little room for it. I moved it outside, the used a sledgehammer on it. The food reappeared in my household inventory - but now I know not to put it out anywhere!!!

Message 8 of 15 (6,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lorimpage Thanks this actually helped me
Message 9 of 15 (5,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem as well with the uncooked meant for the grill. I just created a wall through the meat and it automatically places it back into your household inventory. I’m not sure if there’s a way to get rid of it entirely but this helped remove it from the floor.

Message 10 of 15 (4,736 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help