Sims 4 - sim cant do anything because the game still thinks she is too tense

by XCoco_LolipopX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - sim cant do anything because the game still thinks she is too tense

★★★★★ Apprentice

This isn't me asking how to fix this problem because I already know how. I'm just here to complain about this problem that has been happening for YEARS. I have two vampire girls. The first one with black hair was tense for a few minutes but now she is dazed. I don't even think she was "very tense". The game somehow still thinks she is still tense and is disallowing me to do most things like harvesting her plants. It gets worse though. My other girl with blonde hair was "very uncomfortable" for a few minutes until I quickly took care of it. She has now been fine for a very long time and also SHE cant harvest the freaking plants. I know that the only way to fix this is to have the sims travel to an entire new lot and then come back or exit to main menu and come back to the game. Both these methods take many freaking loading screens! It's such a waste of time! The only reason why I'm posting about this on here is because since this has been a problem for many years now and this has happened to me (and many other people) too many times to count, you would think that the developers would at least attempt to fix this glitch. Anyway, I just wanted to rant about this because the game has just had so many glitches and problems for so long that the game has just been pretty much, and I quote from many youtubers and fellow simmers, unplayable... If you want to see screenshots of the problem that I explained please look at the attachments below. I also am not sure if this is the right forum to post about this on but if it's not I apologize in advance.   

Message 1 of 12 (22,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - sim cant do anything because the game still thinks she is too tense

★★★★★ Apprentice
@XCoco_LolipopX I'm just going to mark this as solved for now. I simply just wanted to let people know how often this is happening to me. Nobody is going to know a permanent fix because this is more on a EA problem.

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (22,570 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 - sim cant do anything because the game still thinks she is too tense

Champion (Retired)

@XCoco_LolipopX 

If she became dazed for no apparent reason this sounds like a broken mod.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (22,639 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen You don’t understand what I’m trying to say. I am so sorry if I wasn’t clear. The fact that she was dazed isn’t the problem at all. She became dazed because she got bit by spiders. The problem is that the game won’t let my sim do most things around the house like gardening because it still thinks she is in the tense emotion. But she is not. She is dazed now. Same thing with the other sim. She has been in the fine emotion for a while but the game still think she is uncomfortable so even she couldn’t garden. I fixed this problem by now but right after I did, it happened again. I know for a fact that this is not a mod problem because this has been happening before I even had mods in my game. This has been happening for many years. I also know that this same problem has happened to other people as well. I just posted because I want it to be known that the game has had this problem for a while and it needs to be looked at.
Message 3 of 12 (22,616 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@XCoco_LolipopX 

If she was Tense when she became Dazed then she was still tense as well as dazed. If you expand her current moodlets so you can see all you should see one for tense as well as others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (22,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsenWell that certainly shouldn’t be the case. The fact that she has one weak tense buff should not be why the game is telling me “{sim name} is far too tense to do this”. She is not tense. She is dazed. She had one tense buff. But she was not tense. So therefore, there is absolutely no reason why the game should be  saying she is far too tense to do anything. I encourage you to look at the second picture I posted. The blonde girl had only one buff and she was in the fine emotion. She was definitely not uncomfortable. The game was saying “{sim name} is far too uncomfortable to do this”. Again, she had no uncomfortable buff at all. Only one happy buff. This should now make perfect sense. Let me know if it doesn’t.

Message 5 of 12 (22,600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@XCoco_LolipopX I'm just going to mark this as solved for now. I simply just wanted to let people know how often this is happening to me. Nobody is going to know a permanent fix because this is more on a EA problem.
Message 6 of 12 (22,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and when I expand the moodlets, my sim has only positive moodlets, i.e., confident & playful. Yet, she can't do homework because apparently, she's "far too tense to do this". And yes, I've had this issue even when I wasn't using mods. 

Message 7 of 12 (22,457 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@UKroto Ikr this problem has been going on forever. So annoying
Message 8 of 12 (22,443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having this same issue! It really is super irritating how people defend all the bugs, or shrug it off. This game is HARDLY playable. I love the Sims, I really do. But the constant bugs and how broken the AI is make playing more stressful than fun...which is the opposite of what gaming should be. My Sim is "far too tense" to do her homework, or repair the sink and radio, Despite the fact she has flirty, focused moodlets-- NO STRESS. People immediately default to "oh it's a broken mod", as if we don't all know vanilla Sims 4 is a bug-riddled HOT MESS lmao. Thank you for posting about this.

Message 9 of 12 (22,189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RissaWolfie95 Yep, this is exactly how I feel. EA needs to step up their game. Right now I am taking a break from the sims and playing other games. The stress is just too much sometimes.
Message 10 of 12 (22,186 Views)