Re: Sims 4 save question

by sonicfan117

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 save question

★★★ Novice

Does backing up the sims 4 backup the expansion pack progress?

Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@sonicfan117 I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question correctly, but when you save a backup you should be saving the files that include the information from your game saves and other relevant files/folders. This article should be helpful in explaining what files you will need for your backup: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

If an expansion was installed when you made and played your game, any aspects of your game save, library items, etc., that involved that expansion pack should be preserved in your backup, if you backup the correct files. Obviously the expansion pack will also need to be installed on your game when you use the backup for any recovery of your game files and so forth.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@sonicfan117 I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question correctly, but when you save a backup you should be saving the files that include the information from your game saves and other relevant files/folders. This article should be helpful in explaining what files you will need for your backup: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

If an expansion was installed when you made and played your game, any aspects of your game save, library items, etc., that involved that expansion pack should be preserved in your backup, if you backup the correct files. Obviously the expansion pack will also need to be installed on your game when you use the backup for any recovery of your game files and so forth.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok perfect thanks that did answer my question gold star for you 🤣 and XP of course

Message 3 of 3 (210 Views)