Re: Sims 4 romantic relationships

by Isparkle48

Original Post

Sims 4 romantic relationships

★ Apprentice

I wish the sims 4 would pick their own relationships somehow instead of us dictating whom they fall in love with and whom they dont fall in love with...their traits have zero effect on relarionships and weather they get along or not...you want them to fall in love so they fall in love...you want them to fight they fight...where is the challenge in this game? Why dont you add the sims 2 fromat of their personality with horoscopes into the sims 4...aims 2 had it perfect LITERALLY and then EA takes it out...for what reason? You couldve expanded on that part of the sims but instead you guys deleted it and gave us mindless sims who just do what you tell them to do...Idk the sims 4 is boring and when paralives comes out you are gonna see a dramatic drop in sales if you all dont salvage and give us what we want...its almost stupid the way EA has handled and pulled apart what MAXIS had created perfect...there is no storyline or emotion that comes with these sims...it try and I try and I still feel nothing playing this game....players cant annoy the sims the way they used to....just mundane  and boring playing this game compared to the sims 2 personality setup

Message 1 of 4 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This one is hard because you have been given control of a sim and told to shape their life in a way you see fit. Telling them to find their own love interests, gives up some of that. 

You also have to remember that just because you tell a sim to hit on another, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a perfect fit. 

Their lifestyle or traits may conflict with your sims. Ie your sims is ambitious, good, clean freak  and the sim you want them to be with is lazy, mean and a slob. It will definitely affect the amount of negative moodlets your sim has and putting those 2 together in marriage and the same household may result in the Grim Reaper visiting your lot sooner than expected. 

I think this is why like in real life, you are supposed to have your sim question and feel the other out per say. Ask questions about what they find attractive. Have general conversations and see if their interests or love of life match or disagree with yours. Also, sims do have features others like and don't like. Yes, you can put 2 together, but do you really want a sim relationship with a life partner that only finds your sim "ordinary or plain looking" VS "very attractive" ? 

I also feel there are some background mechanics going on that players may know and not know about when it comes to sim attraction and interest of each other. I took 4 custom sims (2 male / 2 female) with similar traits. Put them in a big room together with a few items like bed, tv, workout machine, darts ect, deleted the door and just let the game roll for a few sim days. Despite both males and females viewing the other as very attractive, Interestingly enough, 1 couple really hit it off well. There interaction with each other felt very fluent, likable and warm. The other 2... well.. they didn't seem to care if the other existed. Other then the you should eat or go to bed commands along with the initial love command, I didn't really interfere otherwise.  

If your talking about NPC and their freedom to choose other sims... well .. I kinda had to neuter Vladislaus Straud. Despite having a wife and child, when I went through his family tree I noticed he had babies with 7 or 8 other women. This explained the sudden influx of random sims coming up to mine growling at them. A lot of sun + oops, forgot to open your umbrella cleaned up that mess, but was still shocked on how busy Mr Straud had been. 

For game to game comparisons, will Paralives be the end of Sims? Until the game actually comes out, thats a hard judgment call. Remember, games like World of Warcraft have been around for years. Had bad ... i mean really bad expansions. Ones that should of ended the franchise. Then you have games that were introduced as WOW killers. GW2, Warhammer, LOTR ect that didn't live up to half the hype they were presented as and clearly did not end WOW.  Not saying they didn't grow their own fan base, but as you can see with WOW just releasing Shadowlands and millions still playing since 2004, continued monthly subs and a large fanbase,  WOW will end with Blizzard/ Activision deciding it will, not the other way around. Yes, WOW does not hold the fanbase it did years ago, but clearly enough to keep things rolling. 

To play the other side however, I will gladly play Cities Skyline over Simcity any day.  (sorry to anyone that may offend)  

So lets hope EA can update, modernize, continue being creative, fix bugs in a timely matter, see what competition brings to the table and introduce to Sims, so it can be around for many more years because, I really like playing it.   

Message 2 of 4 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@zoiee2020

I tend to agree.

Unless Paralives is supremely good, it won't be the end of The Sims. It could severely cut into EA's Sims profit margin if it's at all good and EA doesn't stop worrying so much about profit and actually work on fixing the past game bugs.

One thing EA doesn't realize, releasing new game packs isn't the ONLY way to increase profit. Gendering customer appreciation and making a decent product helps wonders. Just look at games like Anthem, horribly done and the project was a colossal failure. Yet projects like Paralives and Subnautica will end up getting massive sales because they cater to the fans and players.

A perfect example of this is No Man's Sky.  Their initial release was fraught with controversy because they initially lied to everyone about its capabilities. It was buggy as all get-out and NONE of the declared features were there. It ended up getting the WORST rating on steam in history. Players were refunding in droves. But they have spent the past four years releasing patch after patch, releasing TONS of new content and not charging a penny for any of it. The game is massively better now and it won an award just yesterday. Their sales must be through the roof. EA could take a few lessons from them.

Message 3 of 4 (722 Views)

★ Apprentice

I love the sims and I still play sims 4 but some of us dont have the option to download mods as I am a console ps4 player and this game is lacking in areas that they have been told and they refuse to address, pereonality and emotion is a huge one! The emotion and moodlet system in this game is ridiculous and its been 6 years and they have not once done anything to fix it, one minute your sim is happy and the next minute it is focused or you sim is tense so it has a bath and then it is playfull or it wants to buy a bee box (cause of a pack) like was that really necessary? I watched some youtube clips and I was shocked at the difference in the emotions/wants and fears and memories from the sims 2 compared to the sims 4 and it is a far cry from what it used to be...(And I blame EA not the gurus) EA figures if they keep the sims at low quality that when they put a new pack out then well all go nuts and buy these packs like crazy cause we wanting better game play and doesent that seem a tad crooked since we are not getting it? After six years why havent they addressed any of these issues, people have literally told them that they would like the wants and fears back and a better emotion system and better story and lore and have they dont that? They gave us sentiments and lifestyles which is ok....like I had my sim cheat on his wife right when she was there and she was wounded and stomping around a bit then I started chatting to her and asked her to woohoo and she did, like nothing ever happened, what a joke!! Youd think shed wanna kick the crap out of him and refuse and slap him silly or throw a drink in his face or do something to him to show him she was furious like fight...on her own accord and not because Im making her!! Why dont they include negative wants like fight a spouse cause he was unfaithfull? Or go and yell at someone cause they are a slob and never clean...🔻🔻 this clip here says it all...it is not hard to get the sims 4 back to this, EA just doesent want to, they focus to much on skill building through these emotions and less on sim individuality 

up?  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HvtK6idks98

Message 4 of 4 (681 Views)