Sims 4 - "First kiss", "woohoo", and many other romantic interactions gone

by XCoco_LolipopX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - "First kiss", "woohoo", and many other romantic interactions gone

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I have a girl that I recently just aged up to a young adult. I really want to her have the grim reaper's baby. I had her go find someone random on the streets to kill just so I could summon the grim reaper. When he appeared I added him to the household. Simply just getting the romantic meter to even BUDGE was hard enough. He didn't have any traits like noncommittal, un-flirty, mean, evil, or any negative trait at all. He rejected my sim almost every time just when all she did was simply flirt. The friendship meter went up super fast though. They where really good friends. Idk what the problem was. I gave Grim the romantic trait to try and make this a little easier. I did work a little. After a very long time I finally got their romantic meter to start going but as I spammed romantic interactions I noticed something. My girl sim never seemed to unlock most of the interactions that sims usually start to unlock when their romantic meter gets to certain percentages. She only had like 4 or 5 different interactions. Grim on the other hand had many more. Idk if it's because he had the romantic trait but he had TONS more romantic interactions with her than she had with him. None of them, however, unlocked the main ones that I really need them to unlock. Neither of them can "ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend", "first kiss", "woohoo", or "try for baby". I'm not sure if this is because he is the grim reaper and not a normal sim. I highly doubt that though because if you go on YouTube there are so many videos of people having grim's baby. I'm also guessing that maybe since I just aged her up from a teen for this, the game is glitching and somehow still thinks she is still a teen. I updated my game today and usually after a patch it always creates tons of new bugs and glitched. All I've been doing today was trying to fix my dang game and of course after all that and finally getting to play, THIS happens. I just need suggestions cause I'm just sick and tired of trying to figure out all of these problems I'm having. See the attachments below for pictures of my issue.     

Message 1 of 7 (9,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - "First kiss", "woohoo", and many other romantic

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888Thanks so much for all your help! I successfully figured out the problem and grim, in fact, isn’t supposed to be able to do most romantic interactions with your sim. I had my sim ask him if he was single and he said in response, “the forces of evil don’t have time for romance. What kind of question is that?” Lol. I searched it up online and everyone says that you are not able to date him. I figured out a cheat though! I downloaded a pregnant grim reaper on the gallery. I’m going to try and use cheats to stop his pregnancy though. This grim that I found on the gallery is different because he doesn’t have the hidden “reaper” trait that prevents him from having and giving babies. He doesn’t have the deep voice or smoke though but that’s ok. I just want a baby with his genetics. I feel better that this wasn’t a bug! 😁

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (9,196 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@XCoco_LolipopX , I haven't' checked since the latest patch, but right before the patch I got the First Kiss and even the other interactions that you are missing. Wondering So this could be caused by several reasons. 
1) it could be because the Grim is a special Sim.  I have one save game file with him as a controllable Sim, and he is very glitchy! Disappointed I know others have been sucessful with the Grim in romantic relations, but that doesn't tell you what troubles they went through in order to have that be in their game. Raised eyebrow
2) did you age her up naturally with a cake, or did you age her up with a cheat?  Sometimes certain cheats don't work as intended.
3) the sims could be glitched (as in my 2 examples above) or the lot could be glitched, or the save game file could be glitched. You can try exiting the game and then reloading, or you could travel with both Sims to somewhere like a park, nightclub, gym, or museum and then back home to see if they reset. (If you are really desperate you can move them out and then back in but that is tedious as you will  have to replace all their furniture)  You can also test to see if these interactions show up in a new save file to be sure! Thinking
4) it could be a new bug
5) Do you happen to use any Mods or CC?  Mods/CC often become outdated right after EA releases a game patch like they did on Thursday, so if you use Mods or CC you will have to find which ones are outdated and replace them with versions that are compatible with the new game patch , as well as delete your localthumbcache.package file in your game folder. 

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (9,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888Thanks for so many suggestions. I did not age her up with a cake. I shift clicked on her to age her up immediately. I do have mods and CC. I will find out if a mod is the problem. If that doesn’t work I will try this with different sims. I exited out of my game by now but I would think that would have the same effect as having the sims move or travel. Correct me if I’m wrong. I also have been playing in this save file for a couple month now so it’s not fresh at all. I just hope that this isn’t a problem that only happens in this save because this is my favorite save file 😬. I will update my post when I do all this tomorrow 😁.

Message 3 of 7 (9,247 Views)

Champion

@XCoco_LolipopX , thanks for the update!  Angel
If you aged her up by Shift-clicking, then I would assume that that means you have the testingcheats true cheat activated. I don't know if aging a Sim this way causes any problems, but some cheats do, so it is something to consider.  It is probably best to test cheats on a Sim that isn't that important to you, just in case. I always age up a Sim with cake. 

Exiting out of your game and might do the same as travel, but it might not.  So if exiting out of your game and reloading doesn't help, then I would try having both Sims travel to another location and then return home. (I would only try moving them as a last resort, unless you were thinking about moving them to another location anyway. Wink )

True, older saves often have more glitches, so that is a possibility. 

Here is a list of steps you can take to test your Mods/CC to see if any of them are incompatible with the current game, and if so, which ones are the culprit.  Keep in mind that it might take a few days for the Mods/CC creators to update their products.  Also be sure to delete the local thumb cache.package file as it can contain bits of corrupted data even if you were to delete any outdated Mods/CC! Disappointed

Please do all of the following in order:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. If you are on a Mac, it will only fix the base game.  Do not add your Mods folder back yet! 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, testing in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which was on September 3rd. 

Delete any outdated/broken Mods or CC and if you can replace them with new versions that are compatible with the current game version.  After you do all this, you can move your Mods folder back to your game! Standard smile

Please update us with how it goes! Angel

Message 4 of 7 (9,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888Thanks so much for all your help! I successfully figured out the problem and grim, in fact, isn’t supposed to be able to do most romantic interactions with your sim. I had my sim ask him if he was single and he said in response, “the forces of evil don’t have time for romance. What kind of question is that?” Lol. I searched it up online and everyone says that you are not able to date him. I figured out a cheat though! I downloaded a pregnant grim reaper on the gallery. I’m going to try and use cheats to stop his pregnancy though. This grim that I found on the gallery is different because he doesn’t have the hidden “reaper” trait that prevents him from having and giving babies. He doesn’t have the deep voice or smoke though but that’s ok. I just want a baby with his genetics. I feel better that this wasn’t a bug! 😁

Message 5 of 7 (9,197 Views)

Champion

@XCoco_LolipopX , well, I did say the Grim I added to my household was very glitchy, and while this Reaper trait isn't a glitch, the behavior that it gives does prevent him from doing a lot of normal Sim actions/interactions.  Wink  I had never tried romantic interactions with him since my adult Sims were married, and all the other Sims in that household were teens and children, so I didn't know what happened when you tried to engage in romantic interactions with him! Raised eyebrow  But if his reaper trait prevents romantic interactions that that expalains a lot! Large smile

I'm glad you were able to find a version of him that was more suitable to how you wanted to play!  Thanks for updating us! Angel

Message 6 of 7 (9,169 Views)

★★ Novice

If you use MCC mod you can change Grim's flag that keeps him from being romantic. I know that adding him to the family can sometimes cause problems but if you just remove his romantic interaction blocker it works that way. I did this with Kylo Wren for my sim to have his babies. If you download MCC mod then click on grim, MCC cheat, cheat sim, mood/buffs, remove buff and find the one that says Whitelist_SNCP_ and it should say reaper or whatever his flag calls him. This is only a temporary ability. When he leaves the lot the flag will reset although he will retain the friendship/romance meter. In order to interact with him romantically again, you will need to remove the mood/buff again.

Message 7 of 7 (9,104 Views)