Re: Sims 4 patreon

by CoffeyN7

Original Post

Sims 4 patreon

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Am I the only person that’s annoyed that it seems like Sims custom content creators are hopping on the patreon bandwagon. Most of them are 5 dollars a month. 

Message 1 of 11 (3,146 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The ones who are university students, especially art majors for instance, probably need the money for college. I prefer patreon to ad.fly and similar ad services that don't screen their advertisers well enough. But it is a shame that it is harder and harder to get fan created content without paying money. 

Message 2 of 11 (3,086 Views)

★ Guide
I understand the college aspect but is just a little disappointing when their content before was completely free and now they charge you for it. It’s odd too because the Sims creators said that it’s illegal for them to sell content on patreon and any other website like that.
Message 3 of 11 (3,075 Views)

Champion (Retired)

EA has stated that it is OK to charge for early access but it must also be available for free.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (3,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That’s not always the case. Most of them are patreon exclusives. Meaning if you want some of there content you have to pay. Some of them are making $3000 plus a month. 

Message 5 of 11 (3,044 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You could try making them aware of the rules.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 11 (3,031 Views)

Or you try to create these mods yourself. Standard smile

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 7 of 11 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It has come to my attention yet again this person has again banned someone for speaking up about problems with a mesh.  This happened to me months ago,  I cannot understand how on earth he gets away with EA policy if you take time and look at the dates CC is posted and when it’s going to be released you will understand why.  I think this needs to be addressed, you should not be banned for asking a simple question, He needs to get off his high horse.  I personally think it’s an outrage and disgusting behaviour.

[edited by the CM] I removed the information you shared concerning another player. Sharing another player's information is against our rules - to report a player, you can follow the instruction of the following article: Report players for cheating, abuse, and harassment

• Curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.
  • Bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:
    • Personal defamation
    • Naming and shaming
    • Gossiping about other people
Message 8 of 11 (2,839 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have recently begun taking more of an interest in the whole paywall thing that is souring our sim community. Yes, GuruDrake, I think it was, made a statement on how it should be free also after two weeks or something similar to that effect. S/he also said to report those who do not follow this practice but left no link as to where to report these things. Anyone know off hand? thanks in advance. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,655 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HG_Ethan 

Look at the link posted above.

Message 10 of 11 (2,649 Views)