Sims 4 paranormal stuff pack - haunted lot type not showing up

by SalemKeano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 paranormal stuff pack - haunted lot type not showing up

★★★★ Novice

I bought it today after a hell of a lot of waiting and I can't change any lot type to haunted residential - I then tried placing the gallery haunted house (it let me search for it by lot type and the haunted residential lot was shown there but not in build mode) but when I looked at the lot type it still said residential.

Message 6 of 88 (21,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 paranormal stuff pack - haunted lot type not showing up

★★★ Apprentice

Do you have Basemental? That's what caused it in mine just delete the "basemental venue list" file. There's also another file you may have called 

Ksuihuh_Venue List.package that needs to be deleted as well. The haunted house should work fine when those are gone, basemental works fine without the venue list file

View in thread

Message 43 of 88 (23,092 Views)

All Replies

Haunted house lot not available on Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys!

I just downloaded the new Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff pack. All of the extras have been downloaded and are available in the game but for some reason the option to change the lot type to 'haunted house residential' isn't there? Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 88 (21,086 Views)

Re: Haunted house lot not available on Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I just figured this out! It’s not a lot trait, it’s a lot type. Under Lot Type, select Haunted House Residential instead of just Residential. 

Message 2 of 88 (21,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We know, the option is just not there. All I see is Residential and Tiny Living Residential. No Haunted House Residential option.

Message 3 of 88 (20,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue the haunted house trait does not come up when i try to switch the lot type. Ive tried different lots and empty lots and i am still having the same issue. I repaired my game as well and it is still not there.

Message 4 of 88 (20,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Only thing a friend and I discover is that the option is there on vacation lots in build/buy mode.

Update: Apparently if you are using mods, this is causing the issue. Turning them off and restarting the game will bring up the new house as well as letting you select the type haunted house. Turning them back on afterwards will just cause the problem again, well with the mods I used at least.

Message 5 of 88 (20,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SalemKeano I’m also having this problem, do you have mods installed?
Message 7 of 88 (21,237 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue as you guys and I have mods installed, but I don't know why that would cause any problems. Clare Siobhan has SEVERAL mods and her haunted house lot type worked fine. 🤔

Message 8 of 88 (21,194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ghostaria I have mods installed but I’m just testing it without now, to see if that could be the problem. You never know which mod might be interacting with what code, and therefore causing the problem 😊
Message 9 of 88 (21,185 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SalemKeano Okay, I’ve disabled mods and mine is now working. I’ll be going through my mods folder to find the issue. I’d recommend you guys do the same. I’ll update you if I find the cause in my mods folder.
Message 10 of 88 (21,169 Views)