Re: Sims 4 paranormal stuff pack - haunted lot type not showing up

by Pixilated32

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Basemental has updated the venue list. I was notified through Patreon.

Message 51 of 88 (2,049 Views)

Re: Haunted house lot not available on Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
@annajenneson if anyone is using Basemental Venues List, this is the cause. It's been updated on Patreon.
Message 52 of 88 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just came back here to say the same XD time to update basemental gangs I guess

Message 53 of 88 (2,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys- I'm having the same problem. The lot even says "Haunted House Residential" when I move a sim into it, but once I play the sim and go back to the world, the lot type has reverted back to "Residential". I do not have any mods installed and I have tried repairing the game, clearing my Origin cache, and a clean boot as suggested by EA support. I read through this thread but all the solutions seem to be about deleting mods. The only thing in my mods folder is a "Resources" file that I have tried deleting but seems to reappear every time I start Sims again.

SOLVED- changing it back in Buy Mode once the sim is moved in seems to fix the issue. Thanks!

Message 54 of 88 (2,041 Views)

★ Novice

It definitely has something to do with the mods. Personally I disabled my mods, refreshed the game, and the haunted house log trait was there. Select the haunted house lot trait for the specific house you want. I then enabled my mods, refreshed the game again and I could see my house still had the haunted house lot but I couldn’t change it to a different type of residential.
The spirit ghosts still came so it seems to work, you just can’t change it back to a normal residential once you’ve selected haunted house trait and then enable mods.

Message 55 of 88 (1,973 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For me it was Weather Overhaul 1.5 Mt. Komorebi Edition.

Removed it - and can select Haunted House Residential, as well as any other type.

Message 56 of 88 (1,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@StargazerSapphy I have Basemental but I don't have the basemental venue list file or the Ksuihuh_Venue List, I have no clue what else could be affecting my game.

Edit: I removed my LittleMsSam's venues folder and now it works, so I assume that's what's causing it for me.

Editedit: Oh, I just went and updated the mod (LittleMsSam's venues) and now everything works!

Message 57 of 88 (1,938 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have the Ksuihuh_Venue List which I forgot to check after I checked LittleMsSam's so it wasn't the Ksuihuh that didn't let me see the option in my game. After updating the More Buyable Venues and the Holiday Homes Venue List the option showed up. Thank you for mentioning LittleMsSam's!

Message 58 of 88 (1,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LucyDopey1234 Did you find out?
Message 59 of 88 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me! Thank you!

Message 60 of 88 (1,804 Views)