Re: Sims 4 paranormal stuff pack - haunted lot type not showing up

by mikitak

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Found it to be my venue list from basemental if that helps, at all.

Message 41 of 88 (3,241 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me too but i have the solution for most of you hopefully!!

it's Basemental Drugs and a file called 

Ksuihuh_Venue List.package (if you have that mod)

Go into your mods folder and delete the "basemental venue list" file and the 

Ksuihuh_Venue List.package file if you have it. Basemental still works fine without those files. Mine works fine now

Message 42 of 88 (3,234 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Do you have Basemental? That's what caused it in mine just delete the "basemental venue list" file. There's also another file you may have called 

Ksuihuh_Venue List.package that needs to be deleted as well. The haunted house should work fine when those are gone, basemental works fine without the venue list file

Message 43 of 88 (22,896 Views)

★★ Novice

If anyone is interested: Basemental updated the venue list file. It can be found on the website in the Basemental Drugs section (it is now a separate download). I downloaded the new one and it works fine, I have the new lot type!

Message 44 of 88 (3,228 Views)

★★ Novice
@LucyDopey1234 Oh!! I just took the whole lot out because I wanted to make sure the ghosts worked but that’s good news !! Ty for letting me know !!!
Message 45 of 88 (3,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh gosh this is all so stressful haha! i checked by disabling all mods and loading the game and suddenly it started working

looks like tonight is going to be a looong night of sifting through every single mod

including all the uhh... naughty ones fml

if i find out what specific mod is causing the issue for me i'll be sure to post it here, even if it's a bit... embarrassing haha 

Message 46 of 88 (3,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mikitak ok so far ive only found my game to actually be loading the haunted house lot type by... moving my entire cc folder, which only has .package files. i'd moved all of my .ts4script files to another folder and it still wasn't showing up until i moved the cc. this is.. really weird
Message 47 of 88 (3,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mikitak turns out one of the conflicting cc was something to do with skin! i have a feeling that due to the new skin sliders a lot of cc skintones are causing some major issues.. it sounds so weird but i feel as if i may have pinned the issue
Message 48 of 88 (3,145 Views)

★★ Novice

@LucyDopey1234  thank you for your efforts!! I was having the same issue. Removed the file for the venues and it worked! Seriously thank you so much. I'm still relatively new to modding and haven't exactly figured out a good way to keep them tidy in my folders. It could have taken hours!

Message 49 of 88 (3,100 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the Scarlet Sims Loan Mod. The moment I removed that, the haunted lots started working no problem for me. 

Message 50 of 88 (3,066 Views)