Sims 4 on Steam and Origin

by bready234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 on Steam and Origin

★ Novice

Hello!

I saw that there is a sale on Sims 4 things on steam, and I was wondering this; If I bought the cats and dogs expansion on Steam. Would I also get it on my Origin account? I do not own this expansion on Origin currently. I already have the base game on Origin, so if I bought it on steam would it go to Origin as well? 

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (1,280 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 on Steam and Origin

@bready234  If you want to buy Sims 4 packs in Steam, you need to buy the base game in Steam as well.  Once you install the game through Steam, you should have access to your Origin-bought packs.  (You might need to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall process to make this work.)  However, you can't use Steam-bought packs when playing through Origin.  So you'll need to play through Steam going forward; Origin will also launch and run in the background.

Honestly, I'd rather just buy all my packs through Origin and skip the issues related to linking accounts and getting content recognized.  Origin has frequent sales of Sims 4 content, with expansion packs usually 50% off, and it's just less of a hassle.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,268 Views)

All Replies

@bready234  If you want to buy Sims 4 packs in Steam, you need to buy the base game in Steam as well.  Once you install the game through Steam, you should have access to your Origin-bought packs.  (You might need to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall process to make this work.)  However, you can't use Steam-bought packs when playing through Origin.  So you'll need to play through Steam going forward; Origin will also launch and run in the background.

Honestly, I'd rather just buy all my packs through Origin and skip the issues related to linking accounts and getting content recognized.  Origin has frequent sales of Sims 4 content, with expansion packs usually 50% off, and it's just less of a hassle.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,269 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3 (1,261 Views)