Sims 4 - merge households - splitting money

by Sheli38

Original Post

Sims 4 - merge households - splitting money

★★★ Apprentice

Quick question

one thing i miss about earlier versions of sims was that there was a background calculator that worked out each individual sims net worth and so they could move in/out of households taking their fair net worth with them. Also when sims died they left their networth to the sims they were closest to.

is there anything in current sims 4 that is similar to above or if not has anyone any tips for how to remember your sims net worth when they move into

Different households ie if young adults want to live together

Message 1 of 3 (2,803 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - merge households - splitting money

Hero

@Sheli38 

When you split a household via any of the ways you can do that, you get to choose how much of the household funds go with the sim or sims being moved out (or in).  You just plug in the amount that you want the sim to have at the split household panel.  It is not automatic like in previous versions of the game.  You have to do a manual calculation but tbh, I like the way it works in Sims 4 better I think since I get to decide how much the leaving sim gets. While the household funds doesn't include the lot value, I have found that that isn't much of an issue given how, in my game, my long term households have way more money than they can ever spend anyway and the lot value is not that high.   I suppose it depends on how you play though. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (2,790 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - merge households - splitting money

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Sheli38 As they said, you can choose to split their money when they move out but it's a manual thing, not automatic. I havent have any experience about the inheritance thing though, since most of my sims's death occured in the same household.

I know there is a mod that allows you more detailed bank functions in which each sim has access to a common bank account and can choose to create their own personal one to divide the money, it's called SNBank if you are interested
Message 3 of 3 (2,763 Views)