Sims 4 is starting to become quite annoying

by greenean71

Original Post

Sims 4 is starting to become quite annoying

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all. I have been quiet about all the new patches/fixes, etc, but enough is enough. The game is not fun anymore. I spend more time trying to play through all the stuff that these "patches" break. Each time they fix something, it breaks or it changes the game to something silly that is nonsense. I will list things wrong with my game that has happened within the last 2 or 3 patches:

1. I don't know when this happened, but the way needs are managed have changed. The hunger need is always low. They will eat, with a full bar, only in 5 hours, they have to eat again because the bar is back in the yellow. This happens with every Sim, on every lot, anytime during gameplay. All of my Sims eat at least 7 times a day now. Also what changed was the instant energy need gets into the yellow, my Sims will stop doing whatever they are doing and head to bed. They will ignore any other pressing need to go to bed. I have had many Sims head to bed with the hunger need in the red. The can go to bed with a green bladder bar, only to sleep for 6 hours for it to be in the red. They of course have to get out of a sound sleep to use the bathroom.  So, in other words, the needs have changed enough to cause quite a disruption in my Sim's lives. 

2. Sims will not change clothes anymore to go outside or depending on the season. They will head to work or school in whatever outfit they have on. I have had Sims head to work and school in their PJ's even in the winter time. They will always come home with a "too cold" moodlet and they almost freeze to death being outside in the winter with PJ's or summer outfits. I should not have to change the clothes on my Sims to the right season, as this used to be automatic. 

3. They make food over and over and won't eat it. I know this is a known issue but it needs to be fixed. Food is pretty important in Sim's lives, and with them making it over and over and I have to stop them from making more food just to eat what they already made is quite a waste of time. This becomes difficult with households with many Sims. They will make stuff in the microwave, but then walk away from it which renders any food in there useless. So I ended up deleting all my microwaves in my households just because it wastes time. Same with all the BBQ pits. Also, since Children can't cook meals, they will either eat leftovers or quick meals. IF they eat more than 2 quick meals in a row, they get a moodlet that makes them very uncomfortable and they mope around. That gets quite old because this moodlet didn't appear until the last patch.

4. The sentiments should have never been added. I have Sims that quite often sad because they feel a Sim they are around is sad since this was added. There is nothing worse than a sad Sim because they cry, always have to "cry it out". Even before all of this, sad Sims are impossible to please. With a death of a loved one or family member, they spend days and days sobbing over the tombstone and they obsess over this. I had one Sim cry over her lost husband for the rest of her days. Each time she cried, the sadness moodlet comes back for 3 days. I spent so much time and points on the "moodlet solver" to get her to stop being sad for more than half a day. 

5. Constant interactions. I think this happened a few patches ago. Sims will not leave each other alone. They have to constantly "chat" no matter what is going on. They will be dying of hunger, but instead of getting food they have to go "chat" with someone. I have had Sims wake up out of a sound sleep just to "chat" with someone. This happens with any Sim on every single lot no matter what personality they have. I actually have to stop them because when they "chat" with someone making food or trying to paint, it disrupts them from finishing what they were doing. 

I have many other gripes but those have been ongoing since I started playing the game. The game now is annoying enough for me to stop playing it. I don't know if forever or just for a while. I really hope when more patches are released they will actually fix things instead of breaking more things in the game.

Thanks for everyone's time. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,543 Views)

Re: Sims 4 is starting to become quite annoying

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@greenean71 

1. 5 hours between meals sounds about right but for some reason you seem to have managed to get a 35hour day. I recommend you go back to a 24 hour day. 

2. This is likely caused by broken mods. This was resolved in todays patch. please update and test.

3. This is easily solved by having them grab a serving of what has been made. This is a known bug.

4. Solved by releasing the spirit to the netherworld. If you want the ghost in the game just befriend it.

5. The wake up to chat is probably caused by a broken mod.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@greenean71 

1. 5 hours between meals sounds about right but for some reason you seem to have managed to get a 35hour day. I recommend you go back to a 24 hour day. 

2. This is likely caused by broken mods. This was resolved in todays patch. please update and test.

3. This is easily solved by having them grab a serving of what has been made. This is a known bug.

4. Solved by releasing the spirit to the netherworld. If you want the ghost in the game just befriend it.

5. The wake up to chat is probably caused by a broken mod.

Thanks for the reply. I will check on those.  Your #4 answer is correct from the usual game aspect, but once the sediments were added it amplified the sadness moodlets by alot. Sims will get sad if they are around another Sim that is sad, which in turn, starts the whole process over. I hope the new patch helps and won't break anything else. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,480 Views)

★ Guide
@greenean71 1) Some foods actually last longer than others. They have calorie counts. Carl has a Sim's Guide out there, with a list of the foods and how filling/fattening, etc they are. But in general, the sims should be eating about 3x per day, plus sometimes snacks, depending on the things they're doing.
2) The not changing clothes thing was a glitch and I see others have mentioned they've been updated. I've had this happen in the past, too, but never really bothered to worry about it.
3) I tend to have my sims make 3 stacks of party sized meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) depending on whether I'm playing with a full household or not. And they pretty much get leftovers each time. They get bad moodlets from the microwave, so I usually avoid them, and I rarely mess with BBQs or fire pits due to fire hazards.
4) 3 days is the typical time for a sim to mourn a death. You can speed it up by having them give themselves a pep talk many times in a mirror, and also by calling the sadness line...it's supposed to be somewhat realistic. You wouldn't be going on with life normally for a while if a loved one died, either. I haven't noticed the sentiments playing into it, however...but I've been playing a challenge, and rarely interact like that.
5) If the sim's social bar is emptying, or nearing yellow, they will seek out someone to talk to. Keeping that bar up high, by making a phone call, chatting on the computer, or going to a public lot to talk to others (or stepping out your front door, inviting people over, etc) will fill that need and then you don't have to worry about it so much. So keeping this bar full will keep them happy, otherwise they can become depressed
Message 4 of 5 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CathieCMR wrote:
@greenean711) Some foods actually last longer than others. They have calorie counts. Carl has a Sim's Guide out there, with a list of the foods and how filling/fattening, etc they are. But in general, the sims should be eating about 3x per day, plus sometimes snacks, depending on the things they're doing.
2) The not changing clothes thing was a glitch and I see others have mentioned they've been updated. I've had this happen in the past, too, but never really bothered to worry about it.
3) I tend to have my sims make 3 stacks of party sized meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) depending on whether I'm playing with a full household or not. And they pretty much get leftovers each time. They get bad moodlets from the microwave, so I usually avoid them, and I rarely mess with BBQs or fire pits due to fire hazards.
4) 3 days is the typical time for a sim to mourn a death. You can speed it up by having them give themselves a pep talk many times in a mirror, and also by calling the sadness line...it's supposed to be somewhat realistic. You wouldn't be going on with life normally for a while if a loved one died, either. I haven't noticed the sentiments playing into it, however...but I've been playing a challenge, and rarely interact like that.
5) If the sim's social bar is emptying, or nearing yellow, they will seek out someone to talk to. Keeping that bar up high, by making a phone call, chatting on the computer, or going to a public lot to talk to others (or stepping out your front door, inviting people over, etc) will fill that need and then you don't have to worry about it so much. So keeping this bar full will keep them happy, otherwise they can become depressed.

Thanks for the reply.

1) I had no idea there were calorie counts for food for the Sim's. This will be helpful to know and maybe this will help with better meal plans.

2) The only reason I have an issue with them not changing into season clothes is mainly because they would go to school with "everyday" clothing in the winter time. Then, when they came home, they would stay outside and they would get the "chilled" moodlet. I would then forget sometimes or I am busy with another Sim and they came home and they would be outside "cold". 

3) I have adopted a new way to have Sims just make extra food so the Children can eat decent meals. I will now just send them to the fridge for "leftovers". 

4) I will for sure try the pep talk and sadness hotline interaction a few times in a row. Nothing worse than a sad Sim.

5) The issue with this is that they have so many interactions with each other, their Social need is always full. It drops maybe a tiny bit and they have to interact with someone. I know Sims are social but they fact they are constantly doing them is silly. I think it may have something to do with a few of my Sims having the "Family Oriented" trait. I do know with this trait they want constant interactions with family members. I may have to look into that.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Message 5 of 5 (1,379 Views)