Re: Sims 4 is no good on pc

by Konan_Norris

Original Post

Sims 4 is no good on pc

★★★ Novice
I literally cannot wait any longer for the console version to be released in November. The sims 4 is the absolute worst on PC. It does not stop lagging. My sims do not care for themselves or their toddlers unless commanded to. My parents are up all niggt every night caring for toddlers they take for ever cuz everyone even the toddlers are exausted and keep passing out so by the time they finnish the god damn sun is up and i have and i have to do the cheat to raise their needs so they can start the day!!!! This game is * on pc
Message 1 of 4 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice

@KTNoble631, I understand. My Sims are very laggy too, and will have some crazy issues. For example, I will be sending them to bed and they will stop, walk somewhere else and have an energy failure. However, have you tried downloading the new patch updates? This fixed some problems for me, and hopefully will for you.

Kitty_Simmer00 Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (474 Views)

The game usually gets laggy when it's asking too much from a not too strong computer.

Could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 4 (466 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have played Sims 4 a few thousand hours (please don't judge).  I can recommend the following things to help keep your game less laggy:

1 - in your User/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 folder, before you start up your game each time, get in the habit of deleting all the contents of the cache folder. looking at gallery items stores stuff here and it will kill your game over time.

2 - If you add custom content or mods, also every time delete  clientDB.package and localthumbcache.package as they store info about #cc and mods.

3 - check your saves folder, if it has over 50 items, make a folder for old saves somewhere outside the Sims 4 folder and move some out.

4 - A big item for lag cause is the Tray folder. Every time you save sims or buildings they go here. I have thousands. I have a folder in another place where I place them named by month created in sub folders. The important thing to remember is you can always copy tray items (not sub folders) and temporarily paste in if you want to use the older items. After you place them, you can exit the game and delete the items you placed in temporarily.

Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 4 (433 Views)