Sims 4 how to save and reinstall game and saves on new computer

by k3nzsims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 how to save and reinstall game and saves on new computer

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same computer in the time I've had Sims 4 installed and I have years of multiple saved games on (full of edited worlds and sims) but now I am in the process of getting a new laptop. I am wondering how do I go about the process of reinstalling Sims 4 on a new computer? And how (if possible) can I also transfer all of my save files so that I do not lose it all and have to start over?

Message 1 of 2 (12,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 how to save and reinstall game and saves on new computer

@k3nzsims  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

To install the game on your new computer, just install Origin, login, go to your game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, and press Download.  You can install any game you own for free on the new computer without having to uninstall from the old one.

To transfer your content from the old system to the new one, you'll need to save either the entire Sims 4 game folder inside Documents\Electronic Arts, or the subfolders that contain the data you want.  You can transfer them via an external drive or USB stick, upload them to a filesharing service, or use a local network to transfer directly between computers.  Saves are in the Saves folder, saved builds and households are in Tray, etc.  Here's a complete list:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Best practice is to install the game first, launch it once to make sure it's working (and maybe test it out), then transfer the contents of the Saves and Tray folders to the new Sims 4 game folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (12,605 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 how to save and reinstall game and saves on new computer

@k3nzsims  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

To install the game on your new computer, just install Origin, login, go to your game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, and press Download.  You can install any game you own for free on the new computer without having to uninstall from the old one.

To transfer your content from the old system to the new one, you'll need to save either the entire Sims 4 game folder inside Documents\Electronic Arts, or the subfolders that contain the data you want.  You can transfer them via an external drive or USB stick, upload them to a filesharing service, or use a local network to transfer directly between computers.  Saves are in the Saves folder, saved builds and households are in Tray, etc.  Here's a complete list:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Best practice is to install the game first, launch it once to make sure it's working (and maybe test it out), then transfer the contents of the Saves and Tray folders to the new Sims 4 game folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (12,606 Views)