Re: Sims 4 headless male sims?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Sims 4 headless male sims?

★★★ Novice

Hi i have recently noticed my male sims have no head from time to time. its not like they have no head all the time. it randomly happens. And its only my one male sim. All of my other sims are totally fine. Yes i have quite a lot of cc and a bunch of mods. But cc does not seem to be the problem, cause i thought it was because he had a cc hair on but i took the hair off and put a base game one on and he still had no head. Also all of his body parts are totally fine and hes not glitching or acting strange when he has no head. and yes i can hear him talking.

Message 1 of 8 (2,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@megangreengirl Sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately, just removing the CC and not also removing the Mods and the cache isn't complete enough to eliminate the possibility that any of the Mods, CC, or cache left after removing them is causing the issue.

In order to see if any of them is causing the problems, please do the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).
  • EDIT: I edited in this step as a correction for accuracy should others reference this set of directions:
    Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
    * If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).
    * If you’re on Mac
    , the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 8 (2,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for replying. but it actually didn't work Frown. and also my friend had the same glitch and she doesn't have any cc or mods. But i am thinking its a pack glitch,because me and my friend have almost the same packs ( like all the same stuff and game packs and almost all the same expansions) and i looked my problem up and NO one seemed to talk about it or address it or ask about it ( at least where i was looking)

Message 3 of 8 (2,307 Views)

Champion

@megangreengirl I was having a 'chat' with another player earlier today about the fact that a large 'library' (thus tray folder) can sometimes cause issues. Do you and/or your friend have a large tray folder? If so you could try saving the current tray folder in a safe place, then reduce the amount of items in the library/tray folder, and see if the issue is still there.

Thread about that issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/CC-hair-line-glitch/m-p/9326675#M33983

Message 4 of 8 (2,293 Views)

Champion

@megangreengirl Are you by chance on Mac? If you are, on the directions I gave above please see that I have added an additional section to address Mac, as seen in this step of the directions (on running the game repair). If you are on mac I would recommend trying the directions again and including this step as well:

• Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
    * If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).
    * If you’re on Mac
    , the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Message 5 of 8 (2,243 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I'm not in mac but thanks for the heads up I really do appreciate it! EmbarrassedHeart

Message 6 of 8 (2,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@megangreengirl  You're very welcome! Standard smile
Another thing you could try (a 'reset' of your game):

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your ‘The Sims 4’ folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this “The Sims 4” folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new ‘The Sims 4’ folder will be created by the game.
  • Exit your game and Origin.
  • Re-add a copy of the ‘options.ini’, ‘screenshots’ folder, ‘saves’ folder, and ‘tray’ folder from the “The Sims 4” folder on your desktop into your new “The Sims 4” folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop “The Sims 4” folder.

If the issue does not re-appear, try re-adding a copy your Mods/CC from the old folder on your desktop also.

Message 7 of 8 (2,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@megangreengirl

You say your friend had the same glitch and she doesn't have any cc or mods? Do you think you could get her to add any more details on that? Like which packs she has and if she has been able to fix it? I just saw a different player post what sounds like the same thing is happening in their game. Thanks :D

Message 8 of 8 (2,101 Views)