Re: Sims 4 freezing when I switch between sims

by CGrant56

Original Post

Sims 4 freezing when I switch between sims

★★ Novice

For some reason my sims has been freezing when I switch between two particular sims (it doesn’t happen to any of my other sims in the household). It freezes for about 5-10 seconds and the rainbow spinning wheel usually comes up meaning the games like not responding.

I don’t think it’s a mod causing this because just an hour ago my sims was working completely fine and i’ve made no changes to my game since then besides doing the introduce sim to everyone cheat on those two sims so i guess that could be what’s causing it. However i’ve used this cheat on heaps of my other sims from different households and this has never happened before. I tried exiting my game (after saving..) and repairing it just in case but when i reopened it, it was still lagging when i click on either of these two sims. Is there any way to unintroduce my two sims to all of these people? I could probably live with it but it is realllly annoying since this is my main family Frown

Message 1 of 3 (929 Views)

@Laralishouss

I've moved your post to the General Discussion forum for better gameplay help Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (921 Views)

Hero

@Laralishouss  I have found in my save that one of the things that will really slow the game down is the number of relationships that a sim has.  While you generally don't see it very much in normal gameplay, the place it does show up is when you open the relationship panel for sims that know a lot of other sims.  Once a sim hits a certain number, there is a noticeable delay in opening the relationship panel and generation of the thumbnail portraits in it.  I do find it odd that you see this on just the two sims after having used that cheat on them but not on others.  It may just be that you have more sims in the game than you had before but that could be a timing issue when you used the cheat if you did something that caused a bunch of new sims to be created like traveled to one of the vacation worlds or the Realm just before you used it on the two sims.  

I haven't used the cheat you used before so I don't know exactly what happens and assume that it introduced your sims to every sim, NPC and playable in your save.  But there is a way to undo it if you use mods.  I don't know of an in game cheat that will do that.  Specifically, MCCC can be used to reset all relationships in the game.  That mod has a function that will delete relationships with all sims that a specific sim has.  I have not used it to delete all relationships before but I have used it to delete a lot of specific relationships and it has worked very well for me.  But using the mod to delete all relationships will also delete relationships that you want to keep such as family relationships.  But the mod can be used to reset those to what they were except with sims that died and have been released.  It would probably be better to delete the unwanted relationships one at the time rather than all at once which can be time consuming depending on how many relationships the sim has.  That way you don't delete the ones you want to keep and you shouldn't lose any portraits of dead sims in your family tree.

Before you do anything like altering relationships via a mod though, you should make a copy of your saves folder and put it somewhere safe just in case you don't like what it does.  You can find the mod by googling Sims 4 MCCC.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3 (886 Views)