Sims 4 dedeathify spell explained

by JamesBlock1996

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 dedeathify spell explained

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Would someone please explain this: 

My sim casted the spell on a ghost, and got turned into one! I read on other page that it would be only 6 in-game hours, but I would like to know, how I could... Erm. Make it longer?! 😂

I want to start experimenting with ghosts, is my point. Also, how do I increase chances of the backfiring of said spell? Just by having a higher charge, possibly?

Message 1 of 11 (18,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 dedeathify spell explained

Hero (Retired)

Hi @JamesBlock1996 - Sounds like you had a happy spellcaster accident! Standard smile Wizard

I don't think there's a way to make the curse last longer. Technically, there's an increased chance of a spell failing if you are in the overcharge danger area. You can also backfire spells pretty easily if you have a lower level than the spell requires. Since dedeathify is an Acolyte spell, you could try to reset your perk points and only choose 1 perk to be at Neophyte level. I'm sure there are others around here who can give more details about the spells and curses.

But - there are certainly many choices to enjoy playing a ghost. The most obvious would be to kill off your sim - you need to have at least one other sim in your household though! Don't kill your sim with no one there to witness it - the game will end and you will not get to play as a ghost. The other sim in the household will need to place the ghost's urn/gravestone, choose "Strengthen <sim>'s connection to the physical world" and wait about a week before the ghost starts showing up in the household. Then, you can befriend the ghost and ask them to join the household. 

You can also enter cheats to turn a sim into a ghost, and later use a cheat to turn them back into a living sim. I just tested this on a single sim household, and it worked perfectly. The sim was immediately turned into a ghost and the game didn't end, so you can play the ghost as a single household. Removing the trait immediately turned them back into a living sim. You have to choose the exact type of death to use, and to turn them back, use the same trait. This is how I turned my sim into one who had died from electrocution:

Spoiler

Shift-Ctrl-C brings up the cheat box

In the box, type:

"testingcheats on" (no quotation marks)

"traits.equip_trait electrocution" (no quotation marks)

"testing cheats off"

Shift-Ctrl-C to close the cheat box

To remove the trait, do the exact same thing except type "traits.remove_trait electrocution"

You can find all the traits plus a lot more information in Carl's Guide to Ghosts

Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (18,965 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @JamesBlock1996 - Sounds like you had a happy spellcaster accident! Standard smile Wizard

I don't think there's a way to make the curse last longer. Technically, there's an increased chance of a spell failing if you are in the overcharge danger area. You can also backfire spells pretty easily if you have a lower level than the spell requires. Since dedeathify is an Acolyte spell, you could try to reset your perk points and only choose 1 perk to be at Neophyte level. I'm sure there are others around here who can give more details about the spells and curses.

But - there are certainly many choices to enjoy playing a ghost. The most obvious would be to kill off your sim - you need to have at least one other sim in your household though! Don't kill your sim with no one there to witness it - the game will end and you will not get to play as a ghost. The other sim in the household will need to place the ghost's urn/gravestone, choose "Strengthen <sim>'s connection to the physical world" and wait about a week before the ghost starts showing up in the household. Then, you can befriend the ghost and ask them to join the household. 

You can also enter cheats to turn a sim into a ghost, and later use a cheat to turn them back into a living sim. I just tested this on a single sim household, and it worked perfectly. The sim was immediately turned into a ghost and the game didn't end, so you can play the ghost as a single household. Removing the trait immediately turned them back into a living sim. You have to choose the exact type of death to use, and to turn them back, use the same trait. This is how I turned my sim into one who had died from electrocution:

Spoiler

Shift-Ctrl-C brings up the cheat box

In the box, type:

"testingcheats on" (no quotation marks)

"traits.equip_trait electrocution" (no quotation marks)

"testing cheats off"

Shift-Ctrl-C to close the cheat box

To remove the trait, do the exact same thing except type "traits.remove_trait electrocution"

You can find all the traits plus a lot more information in Carl's Guide to Ghosts

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 11 (18,966 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your answer, @BlackjackWidow , I will try this! I’m on PS4 though, so cheats are out of question. As for waiting a week, not gonna happen, I think Necrocall would be better choice. 
As for the Spellcaster rank, isn’t it determined by the level at bottom in Needs section, not by the perks? 🤔 You did answer the first few questions, but you know, I seem to be like a Sims 2 sim with Knowledge aspiration! 😂 More and more knowledge required, eh! 
Anyway, happy Simming and have a wonderful day. 
remember to wash your hands! 😉

Message 3 of 11 (18,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996 wrote:

As for the Spellcaster rank, isn’t it determined by the level at bottom in Needs section, not by the perks? 🤔 

You are probably right - I'm drawing a blank right now on the difference, and whether you can do anything to "rank down". I'm hoping someone with more in-depth experience with ROM will pop in here and help out Standard smile

@JamesBlock1996 - I do want to suggest that you "save as" to make a copy of your main game, just in case something goes wrong. There is a current bug report about dedeathify, which concerns me. Doesn't look like it always affects everyone, but that some people have had issues with both necrocall and dedeathify. I don't want you to lose your sim! (sorry for the double-tagging, wanted to alert you that I edited the post)

Stay Safe! Happy simming!

Message 4 of 11 (18,937 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996 

Cheats work fine on console you may be thinking of Mods.

Without using cheats there is no way to become a permanent ghost without waiting after killing them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 11 (18,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@JamesBlock1996 

Cheats work fine on console you may be thinking of Mods.

Without using cheats there is no way to become a permanent ghost without waiting after killing them.

Really? I have these two trophies on PS4, that require you to both become a ghost AND have a ghost family (of 8!)... I guess I’ll have to try and find a way, or just kill off a few sims, which makes me sad! 😭 Thanks for the answer though!

edit: Oh and cheats disable those trophies, just saying... 🤔

Message 6 of 11 (18,870 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996 

If you do it for the trophy then you are correct that you can't use cheats. So You have to kill them in some way. Old age (aging up with cake should not count as a cheat I think) deliberately starve them to death, overexercise or curses (JA required) or accidents. Possibilities listed in order of difficulty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 11 (18,844 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@JamesBlock1996 

If you do it for the trophy then you are correct that you can't use cheats. So You have to kill them in some way. Old age (aging up with cake should not count as a cheat I think) deliberately starve them to death, overexercise or curses (JA required) or accidents. Possibilities listed in order of difficulty.

I do it for the trophy, yes. I actually know these methods, but was hoping there was another. Thank you for your reply.

Message 8 of 11 (18,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996 - If you own the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, you can get ghosts from poor outcomes at the whispering wishing well, too. The outcome is random, but I got the best (failed) results by having others make wishes without giving an offering first. That makes the well's mood go down. If you do 3 - 4 wishes without any offerings, the well gets in a bad mood and once he has a hood on, he's in the worst (death) mood. The well has an 8 hour cooldown, which is why I would have others do a few wishes first.

If you wish for Youthful Vigor and get the failed results, the well turns the sim into a ghost. You can also fail the wish for a Child, and you get a ghost child added to your household with your sim as the parent. Wish for Romance will give your sim a ghost soulmate enemy (friends with benefits who hate each other)

If you have a Scientist sim from the Get to Work EP, they can make ghost goo. Drinking that turns your sim into a ghost for a few hours like the failed spell.

Message 9 of 11 (18,814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@BlackjackWidow Wow! A wishing well?! I guess I have to add this SP into my shopping list when they go on sale again! 😅
Message 10 of 11 (18,750 Views)