Re: Sims 4 collection

by CGrant56

Original Post

Sims 4 collection

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

okay so I've been playing for many years and this is the first time I've come in contact with this issue. Since I'm stuck in quarantine (as most are probably) I'm doing the 100 baby challenge - just to give y'all kind of a reasoning as to what's going on. 
My main girl I'm trying to get a lot of things completed with her (skills, collections, etc) but I've been having an issue with the collections (these are the fish, gardening, aliens, etc.). Whenever I move somebody out all my progress seems to disappear? Everything I've read online states that the issue was fixed years ago. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (708 Views)

Hero

@shrainwater34  It is still an issue but there is a workaround.  

If you have been using Manage Households to move your sims out, then almost always, the collection progress gets reset.  It's a pain but you can recover by dropping all the collectables back into a sim's personal inventory.  

But if you use the ask to move in or invite to move in options with a sim from another household, the collectables don't get reset most of the time.  

There is also a new option that came in DU that is on a Sims social menu for them to Move out.  But I haven't tried that yet so I don't know if collectables get reset that way or not.

Message 2 of 5 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the quick response!

i know you said something about asking them to move out, but other than that is there something? Or am o just going to have to keep everything to make sure I complete it? With the challenge, once your kids grow up to be YA you can move them out to make room for more. 

Message 3 of 5 (685 Views)

Hero

@shrainwater34  Using the Ask or Invite to join household option lets you move sims both ways.  You can have a sim from another household or a not in world sim move in or use it have a sim in your active household to move out and join another household.  It gives you the same screen that you get when you split a household in Manage Households.  Doing it this way usually does not reset the collectables in your main household.

There is another option too.  You can split the household and move out which sends a sim to a new household.  It's on the computer under the household menu.  It works pretty much the same as it does in Manage Households.  You have a sim use the option and the game immediately sends that sim to the World Selection screen where you pick a world and then select a lot and the sim moves in.  I just used it today to move a sim out and the collectibles did not get reset.

Message 4 of 5 (636 Views)

Hero

@shrainwater34  One thing I learned latelyabout using the split household option on the computer.  The collectables do not get reset in the household your sim leaves.  And it doesn't matter at all if you are moving to an unoccupied lot.  But....If you split the household and move the sim(s) to an occupied lot and merge the households, the collectables do get reset for the newly merged household on the new lot.

Message 5 of 5 (561 Views)