Re: Sims 4 child poisoned

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Sims 4 child poisoned

★ Novice

My sim’s child got poisoned, and there isn’t an option for her to drink the antidote. How do I get her cured?

Message 1 of 4 (822 Views)

Champion

@matteamallowiott  oh my goodness, I couldn't ignore that headline!

Could you explain a bit more about the incident? What kind of poison was it?

In these situations where it looks like a Sim may be lost I exit without saving to go back to the point before it happened, or I revert to my backup copy. With some things, like jungle curses depending on what they are and their severity I've used Moodlet Solvers too with varying degrees of success. You can share Moodlet Solvers too, so if the parent has 500 reward points they can buy one and place it next to the child to drink. Are you talking about the Antidote purchased on the computer, I haven't tried that for a child. I'd always assumed if you put the antidote down any Sim could pick it up and drink it. I add them to my camping stores for Sims to just take for free if they are poisoned.

I don't know how severe it is but if the child can't be saved, if your Sim has a high gardening skill you can purchase some rare seed packets to find a death flower for another Sim to give to the Reaper when he arrives, if you've been shown a countdown clock to their imminent demise. Or you can keep the child as a ghost and create Ambrosia to revive them. I've done that before and it took me a couple of Sim weeks but it worked (Although it's a gloomy process). Sometimes if the Reaper arrives you can also plead with him and he sometimes spares the Sim.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 4 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@matteamallowiott 

Oh boy.

Well, the easiest thing might be to bake a cake and age up your child into a teen. (If you’re willing to cheat, after curing the child you can use cas.fulleditmode to make them a child again after.)

If you’re not willing to cheat or age up your child, I second the death flower suggestion. If you have Realm of Magic, the vendor stall sometimes has them for sale. I’ve also seen them rarely at the HoB gardening stall that comes with Cottage Living. The easiest way to get a death flower is to have level ten gardening and be disgustingly rich and spam-open rare seed packs, like @simsplayer818 suggested.

I’ve taken kids and a toddler and pets to Selvadorada on vacation but not into the Jungle, but I know some rental lots have the Creepy Crawlies lot trait. I always assumed they’d be able to pick up a cure I put down.

I did fairly recently revive a Wishing Well ghost child with ambrosia, so I know that works, if the worst happens.

Message 3 of 4 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@matteamallowiott , if you need a Deathflower quickly, then some players have them in "rooms" you can download from the Gallery (just delete the walls after placing and put the flower in your inventory.)  One such player that has them available for download is @SheriGR !  I think she also has a room for Ambrosia as well! Of course, there are others that make these types of rooms too, but I don't know who else has them. Embarrassed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (686 Views)