Sims 4 cannot click on tents at all!

by XCoco_LolipopX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 cannot click on tents at all!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I got outdoor retreat last time it was on sale. I was expecting bugs since it’s an older pack but it doesn’t seem like anyone else has my problem. Most people say they can’t woohoo in the tents or the time won’t speed up but for me I literally cannot do anything in it. I click on it and nothing happens. If my sim owns the tent all I can do is drag it in their inventory. I put one in the willow creek park to test it out yet again after months of me waiting it out and my problem is the same. I did see an npc sim go inside while I was trying to  click on it. I know there are A LOT of bugs with tents and that is no surprise to me. It’s very annoying to me since the whole reason I even got outdoor retreat is because I wanted to use tents but now that is clearly impossible. I have mods though so if you guys think I should try taking them out and trying it again should work let me know. Please give any other suggestions since I haven’t been able to use the tents at all since I got the pack.

Edit: Sorry I haven't updated this post in a while like I said I would. I just kind of decided to take a break from trying to figure out this problem. I took my mods out and checked to see if the tents would work and yes, they did. I am now going to use the 50/50 method to try and find the culprit. Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (1,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 cannot click on tents at all!

Champion (Retired)

@XCoco_LolipopX 

Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.

Here is what I recommend.
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.old to preserve your saves, tray, screenshots and mods folders/files.
Run Repair from Origin as described in the troubleshooting guide.
Start the game without adding anything back as a test.
The game will automatically create fresh versions of all the folders/files.

If the game works correctly you will need to test your mods /custom content (CC) to see which they are causing the problem.
Using the 50/50 method is suggested to speed up the process of finding the mod causing the issue.

Reference:

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,454 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@XCoco_LolipopX 

Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.

Here is what I recommend.
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.old to preserve your saves, tray, screenshots and mods folders/files.
Run Repair from Origin as described in the troubleshooting guide.
Start the game without adding anything back as a test.
The game will automatically create fresh versions of all the folders/files.

If the game works correctly you will need to test your mods /custom content (CC) to see which they are causing the problem.
Using the 50/50 method is suggested to speed up the process of finding the mod causing the issue.

Reference:

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 8 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't know the tents were able to be used on any of the in world public locations, such as the park in Willow Creek.....you can use them on your home lot or in the designated camping areas in the vacation venue. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@wickichick Thanks for the reply but I have tried everywhere you just said... home lot, vacation lots, parks, it doesn’t work anywhere. I also don’t think it should really matter where you are. Like I just said. An npc sim went inside when I put one in the park so that means it definitely should work. :/
Message 4 of 8 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Novice

if you click on your tent and you do not get any option then to use the tent it must be an issue with your game..apparently you tried the suggestions in your first reply to work towards fixing this. I am so sorry but I do not have additional suggestions for you then. Good luck discovering the problem.

Message 5 of 8 (1,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueenThanks so much for replying! I’m kind of stupid when it come to this stuff but I’ll try my best to figure that out. What I usually do is put all my mods into a different folder, open my game, and see if I still have the problem. If it’s fixed I put all the mods back in and take them out in little chunks while opening the game several times until the problem is gone. I don’t know if that’s what you meant or similar but if you could please tell me if the method I usually use could be a good idea then that would be great. I’m very sorry but it’s a little difficult for me to figure things out in text form. Maybe there might be a YouTube video about what you are suggesting and in that case I think I could figure it out much easier! I just want to make sure I don’t mess anything up while attempting your suggestions. Thank you so much!!!

Message 6 of 8 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I am thinking since you mention mods you are playing of PC or Mac.
Were you able to test without your mods? Can you use the tents when mods were removed?

You wrote:
"What I usually do is put all my mods into a different folder, open my game, and see if I still have the problem. If it’s fixed I put all the mods back in and take them out in little chunks while opening the game several times until the problem is gone."
That is what I meant with a slight variation.

Instead of putting mods back in one chunk copy and paste a small batch into the mods folder.
If those are okay get rid of (or move) those out of the mods folder.
Copy and paste the next batch into the mods folder and test again.
Remember to delete localthumbcache.package each time.

Edit:
Have you had any CC tents in your game?
These are the tents you should be seeing.

Tents OR.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 8 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueenYes you just described exactly what I do in a better way. I’m just not very good at explaining and I’m very sorry about that. I’m playing on pc. Yes those are the tents I see and I haven’t downloaded cc tents. I will try that method with the mods very soon to see if it works. If it doesn’t I will update my post. If it does work I will mark your post as the solution. Thanks again!

Message 8 of 8 (1,310 Views)