Re: Sims 4 bug in toddler - teen?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Sims 4 bug in toddler - teen?

★ Novice

Every time I add toddler - teen into my game, I lose the ability to select actions for them because it gets dropped before it is completed. For example, my sims cannot put a toddler in a high chair; they pick up the toddler but instantly the action is cancelled. Or the toddler goes to interact with pets and the action gets cancelled before it begins. This does not happen with young adult - elder sims, only with anything below. Every repair technique I have done to fix this problem has not worked and this has been ongoing for months. 

Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@superkitt14 
Toddler actions or interactions can be cancelled by other Sims trying to interact with the toddler at the same time.
Example:
One Sim tries to put toddler in high chair.
Another Sim also decides to autonomously do something with the same toddler.
This is an unfortunate consequence but it does happen.

Do you play on PC / Mac / Console?
Any Mods or custom content of any kind can also cause issues.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 5 (351 Views)

Champion

@superkitt14, in addition to what @EuphorialQueen  stated, I would advise never using the highchairs!  They are evil and never work right. Disappointed Toddlers can easily grab plates of food off of counters, tables, and of course the floor.  Toddlers will usually eat in the nearest chair that isn't pushed up against a table, or they might eat on the sofa, a bed, or even the floor (but that is rare). Angel05-08-19_12-36-38 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

★ Novice

This issue has still occurred even when it is one on one (just the adult and the toddler in the game). It is essentially any interaction that you try to do with toddlers. Even things such as teaching the to talk, walk, reading a book to toddlers, using the play interaction, etc. 3 Sims work fine when they are adults and elders but then in every save file I have done, whenever there are toddler - teens in game, all interactions get messed up. I use PC and I do use cc in game, however, before I started with cc this issue was occurring. 

Message 4 of 5 (290 Views)

★ Guide

When I need something done to a toddler, I give the order from them instead
Select the toddler, then click an adult or something and ask them what you want, like you'd need to with an "independent" toddler, it seems to work way better than interacting with them through an adult ( make sure the adults aren't doing something else )

Message 5 of 5 (269 Views)