Sims 4 alphabet legacy trophy

by JamesBlock1996

Original Post

Sims 4 alphabet legacy trophy

★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys! I wanted to ask a question about the Alphabet Legacy trophy on PS4...

So, as of now, I’m on generation 4, but have moved my newest kids out and am playing them. Does it really matter if I play on the same lot, as long as the sims are related? I want to explore all the new neighborhoods (or worlds?), and just want to make sure I get that long grind trophy. I DON’T WANT TO CHEAT. 😅

If there are any other tiny bits of info I could use, I would veeeeery much appreciate it!

Also I promise I’ll do my best to keep this up to date, as I’m sure I am not the only player on console trying to do the Alphabetical Legacy legitimately. 
Thank you in advance! 👍

Message 1 of 5 (4,055 Views)

Re: Sims 4 alphabet legacy trophy

Hero (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996  I did this trophy over roughly 10 months. When I did it, I played on normal and kept everyone in the same household the whole time. So the kids were in the house with the parents until the parents died. Any extra children were moved out once they aged up to YA. 

I'd then move the kids to another house if I wanted but I kept the household the same. 

The trophy says the same household for 26 generations so I took that as the original household. So I never moved anyone out to play, I just moved out any extra Sims and kept the legacy heir in the original household. 

I had the mom of each generation try for a baby about 4 days from adulthood and if the heir was male it was roughly 10 days from adulthood. This meant the parents died right as the children were aging to young adults. (Happy Birthday kids??) 

Anyway you can move to different lots and world's, you just have to play that one household the whole time. 

Message 2 of 5 (4,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is the thing - I have one of the original girls left, two of her clones (sisters, says game) in my current house, and the original parents, great-grandma and -pa, still breathing in their original house. Now I wonder, if they’re alive, should I get the trophy after my current gen gets to number 26? Or even 10 for the 10-g trophy... 😂 I want to make sure, just so I don’t work hard for nothing.

Message 3 of 5 (4,001 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JamesBlock1996  I don't know if the achievement uses family tree, but the achievement text says single household. So that means one single household for 10/26 generations to me.

So if you have moved everyone out of the original household then each new household would start a new counter, possibly.

I can't tell you if the way you are doing it will work for achievements, as you've made new households to play and left the original household to die off.

It would be nice to know if moving the children out and playing them in a new household would work for the achievement. The way the achievement text is worded makes me think it may not, but I can't say for certain. I couldn't find any other posts in my searches that said they did the achievement the way you are.

You can always test it out if you are playing with aging off or something by having your 10th in game born gen born both in their own household and moving them back in to the original household (save before labor) and see if the achievement pops up either way.

Message 4 of 5 (3,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This begs for more answers! 😂

If I return to the original pair of Sims, with the current gen, does it affect the counter? Or does it start when I get the now first baby? I have never before tried anything like this, and probably never will after the trophies are done... But still, I’ll try and see if I can make some sort of sense out of this.

Also, I think the Sim Gurus should answer this kind of technnical questions. They, if anyone, should know the real answers! And I mean, DEFINITELY should. 😜😂

edit: Oh and the achievement, as you call it, is a trophy on PS4, which can be earned only once, per user. So that kinda testing isn’t possible, really.

Message 5 of 5 (3,944 Views)