Re: Sims 4 XBox/PS4 Differences?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 XBox/PS4 Differences?

★★ Pro

Is there any differences in gameplay between the console edition of Sims 4 and the PC/Mac version?

I've been reading a few articles here and there and am finding there isn't any real differences gameplay wise other than the console version has no gallery, no mods or custom content, there are some cheats that aren't available on console and game options are different as well.

Any other differences?

Message 1 of 4 (1,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@172e3cda00349872, While I only have the PC version, I have a family member (who lives in a different city nearby) who has the Xbox version.  So far the only differences that I have seen besides the ones you mentioned are:

1). Not all of the Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff packs come with the Console version so far.  But they will be adding more in the future. Party hat

2). The Console version only allows for few separate Save Games (4 or 5 Save Game slots, I think), while the PC version will allow you many more.  I have a little over 100 Save Games in the Sims 4 on the PC version so far!

3.) The Jasmine Holliday Challenges have not been done in the Console version, but to be fair we don't know if that is a real difference yet, since there hasn't been any Jasmine Holliday Challenges even in the PC version since TS4 came out on Consoles -- so this might not be a real difference.  We will know if and when Jasmine Holliday returns to the PC Version, and then see if she is introduced to the Console version! Wink

There might be more differences, but so far these are the only ones I have noticed when playing TS4 on the Console at my family member's house. Embarrassed

Hope this is of some help! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,222 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@172e3cda00349872, While I only have the PC version, I have a family member (who lives in a different city nearby) who has the Xbox version.  So far the only differences that I have seen besides the ones you mentioned are:

1). Not all of the Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff packs come with the Console version so far.  But they will be adding more in the future. Party hat

2). The Console version only allows for few separate Save Games (4 or 5 Save Game slots, I think), while the PC version will allow you many more.  I have a little over 100 Save Games in the Sims 4 on the PC version so far!

3.) The Jasmine Holliday Challenges have not been done in the Console version, but to be fair we don't know if that is a real difference yet, since there hasn't been any Jasmine Holliday Challenges even in the PC version since TS4 came out on Consoles -- so this might not be a real difference.  We will know if and when Jasmine Holliday returns to the PC Version, and then see if she is introduced to the Console version! Wink

There might be more differences, but so far these are the only ones I have noticed when playing TS4 on the Console at my family member's house. Embarrassed

Hope this is of some help! 

Message 2 of 4 (1,223 Views)

★★ Pro

That's right, all the packs aren't available right now. Didn't really expect them to be. It sounds like they'll be releasing most of them over the next couple/few years.

I had my suspicions about the console having only a few save slots. As I read more last night, I found that you're right - only 5 save slots. Apparently the saved games cannot be renamed? I'm not sure on that as I haven't gotten any confirmation on that.

Message 3 of 4 (1,155 Views)

Champion

@172e3cda00349872, while I hadn't heard anything about the Console version's Save Games not being able to be renamed, I wouldn't be surprised.  The next time I see my family member I'll ask if that's true.  Until then, I'll keep that in mind as a possible difference! Wink Thanks! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,145 Views)