Re: Sims 4 Witches

by PugLove888

Original Post

Sims 4 Witches

★ Novice

Idk what is going on but EA needs to make witches, ignore the 500 requests that EVERYONE has and just make it. Strangerville isn't even that fun I beat it in 2 times of playing. Then that's it. I get it was only 20 bucks but it's a waste of time. More time should be going into a larger pack!!! I've been playing sims since it came out. This is the worst sims I am about to go back to playing sims 2. It was the best one. This is the only game I play I have over 4,000 hours logged... I beat strangerville now I am board AGAIN. We need witches and we need them next!!!! It's got a lot better since it came out but it's a little ridicules that we have to wait so long. It should of came out during Halloween last year. Instead they have made a bunch of little 20.00 packs to distract us all. Well I am not distracted and I want witches!!! 

Message 1 of 3 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rawr124277 

There are many differences between Sims 2 & 4. I also loved 2, but 4 has so much to offer, just much is different, in my opinion. If you love 2 you can just go back and forth between the games. If you are finding your Sims 4 a bit flat it is more my feeling that it CAN be played more simply, which works well for beginners and is preferred by many, but that is not all you can do. I will list just a few of the things that will 'spice up' your base game or your game play: (Please open 'spoiler tag' for my list of some things you can try to spice your game up a bit.)

Spoiler

• Purchase expansions. They can ad an incredible amount of interest and depth of possibilities for play, depending on the particular pack and what it adds. Some expansions even add careers, skills and a lot of interesting options.
  • Enter challenges. On the forums you can find many threads with gameplay or build challenges that can be very challenging. This also provides potential for interaction with other players, etc.
  • Up your challenges in your households. If you play a large household, challenging career &/or financial goals, multiple households, out-of-household interaction/collection, etc. objectives it can increase your challenge level considerably.
  • Buy / run a business.  This one overlaps the expansion suggestion. With Get To Work you gain careers plus you can go to work with some of them, and you can build/purchase/run a retail business. You can even sell goods that you make in the business, which increases the challenge also. (ie: Garden produce, food you cook/bake, paintings, items made on the Woodworking Table, etc. - you can sell most tings there, or items from build mode added to the store. With Dine Out you can eat out interactively or you can build/purchase and run/manage a restaurant. With Cats & Dogs you can build/purchase/run/be a vet at a veterinary clinic.
  • Gardening challenges. This one overlaps the expansion suggestion also. With the Seasons Expansion you are able to add many features that switch things up, including weather, gardening seriously, joining the gardener (botanist or flower arranging/florist career) career.
  • Expanding on the 'gardening challenges' suggestion... I like to have a cook & florist then have them also have a valuable garden and build a business for them where they sell the produce and cooked/baked goods in a retail store (through the Lice Cold Freezer customers can purchase directly from the freezer with no need to check them out) and make flower-arrangements to also sell in the store. (I have several stores set up to work this way in my gallery that you can download and use if yo udon't want to build one.)
  • Build. Many gamers enjoy creating lots, rooms or households for uploading to the community gallery for others to download.

Anyway, this is just a beginning list. Many really cool options come with the various packs and expansions, though. That's just how Sims 4 is set up. The up side of this is that you can build your game as you can afford to add packs and you don't have to pay for feature you don't want to use. For instance, I gradually added packs and expansions in this way, and many of them I added when they went on sale (they cycle through putting various packs/expansions on sale and you can see if something is on sale when you start your game in Origin). I now own almost all of them, but not Vampires since I have no interest in them, and I added them gradually in order of what featured things that I would enjoy most.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 3 (592 Views)

Champion

@rawr124277, hopefully you will like the great ideas that @SheriGR suggested for you!  Each suggestion opens up new ways of playing.  In addition to those, here are a couple more you could try:

1) Try playing in the opposite way you usually play.  I love playing with large families, but every once in a while I will play a single Sim who loves to party.  Also, I usually like playing Sims who do nice interactions, but occasionally I will play a Sim or a whole family who are just awful.  You can do this with just interactions, but it is always nice to try out personality traits you don't normally use, Wink

2) Try playing through each career and career branch if you haven't already.

3) Try experimenting with every interaction you encounter, as well as some different objects you might normally ignore.  

4) Try collecting every collectable that you can in each collectable catergory

5) Try experiments with different types of Sims like Ghosts, PlantSims, Aliens, & Vampires (the last 2 if you have those packs). Last summer I spent most of my time creating with a Alien dad and a Vampire mom, just to see what kind of family they would end up with! Large smile 

6) Try creating a story, treating the game more like a movie, book, or play.

7)  You can always try Mods. Standard smile  I don't play with Mods or CC because they require a lot of maintenance and I'm too lazy EmbarrassedLarge smile , but a great many people love them!  Just keep in mind that everytime EA updates the game with a patch, all the modders have to update their Mods and CC to work with the updates that EA releases!  Failure to keep up with this could create a lot of problems in your game. Frown  EA allows the game to be modded, but it can't support the thousands of Mods that other people make! Disappointed 

I realize that you might have already tried some of these already, but we are just trying to give you and everyone else as many options as we can! Angel  And @SheriGR 's suggestion of different challenges is really a fantastic one since there are sooooo many different kinds of challenges out there, like the Legacy Challenge and the 100 Baby Challenge, to name just two!

I agree that The Sims 2 was the best.  Even though I love all four versions of the Sims, TS2 is my favorite! HeartParty hat  

Which reminds me that while I would also love a witches/wizards pack, but there are many people who would prefer another type of supernatural pack, like werewolves, fairies, mermaids, or zombies.  (I really want fairies! Heart )   I think any of these additions would be fun since they force you to try to play the game from a different perspective, kind of like Sims with the rules changed a bit! Standard smile  While I think a witches pack would be the most likely to be made out of the choices for supernaturals, EA could still decide to make one of the others. Wink 

Also, a huge portion of the Simming community really wants a University pack.  So, keep in mind that even if they make a witches pack, they might make a university pack first.Raised eyebrow  (University would appeal to a larger number of players since school is or was a part of most people's lives.  Not to mention that there are realistic players who want gameplay to mimic real life, and there are fantasy players who want any and every crazy scenario to happen Party hat.  Also there are some players who never want to play with any supernatural for religious reasons, and since we already have a Vampires pack but no school-related pack, it just seems more likely that we will get university-type pack.  But I could be wrong! Embarrassed )

I understand that you are frustrated with how quickly you completed the Strangerville mystery. Frown  I've been trying to go through mine slowly on purpose to avoid the same thing, but it is hard to do if I'm trying to help other people who have bought the pack! Raised eyebrow  

But they only made one $20.00 pack last year (Jungle Adventure GP) and now Strangerville a year later! That isn't really a bunch of little $20.00 packs. One GP a year isn't really distracting.Wink  Perhaps you were thinking of the $10.00 packs as well, but there were only two of those (Laundry Day SP & My First Pet SP).  Wondering  Anyway, I don't think they are trying to distract anyone... many people enjoy the SPs and GPs.  I think they are trying to create many different kinds of packs to please many different kinds of people.  Cool  And for the first time in the Sims 4 we got 2 EPs in one year, Seasons and Get Famous!  :eahigh_file:

Hopefully they will make a witches pack in the near future.  Fingers crossed  In the mean time, try some of the suggestions and see if you like playing with some of them while waiting for the next pack to be released! Angel

Happy Simming! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (584 Views)