Sims 4 TOS violation warning with zero information enclosed in email, help?

by SantaFeAtBay

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 TOS violation warning with zero information enclosed in email, help?

★★★★★ Novice

Just received a warning that I violated something in terms of service but there's zero information. It says the Sims 4, that is it. I haven't streamed, I haven't used mods or cheats (PS4). I received a warning but I want it removed because a violation isn't even possible. I wasn't live. It isn't my fault that sometimes their hybrids get nekked. That's not in my gallery as far as I can tell. Perhaps they object to the word "abduct1on" when referring to aliens. That's the only new thing in my gallery. I am happy to change it. The links to help goes in circles because I am not banned. If you can believe it, I just bought three new expansion packs and they did this to me. The game barely works as is. Any links to REAL help that don't just loop me from log in to link and round and round would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (675 Views)

Re: Sims 4 TOS violation warning with zero information enclosed in email, help?

Community Manager

Hi @SantaFeAtBay,

We're limited in how we can offer help for bans through the forums. If you've received a ban and think it's been placed mistakenly, please fill out this webform. The submitted form will be routed through to out Terms of Service teams queue and they'll take a look into the ban from there. Once they finish their investigation, they'll get back in touch with you through the email noreply@ea.com to let you know whether the ban was placed correctly and will remain or whether it doesn't belong on there and will be overturned. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, the copy and paste responses this forum contains often do not work which leads to more frustration.

I was able to chat with a real person by going through several hoops not mentioned in copy and paste responses.

The agent seemed surprised I was using PS4, no mods, no ccs. I woke up this morning to a terms of service message that I had not violated tos and the sanction would be removed.

My suspicion is one of my hybrids in the gallery got nekked. Meaning the mosaic blur didn't work. The Sims have no girl or boy parts, they're smooth so it's not a horror shock. But it can cause giggles.

Console players cannot modify the game.

It's labor intensive to test which hybrids get nekked. (MerVamps, MerAliens, VampAliens, etc.) I have to put them in the bath, shower, and pool, in disguise, not in disguise, in dark form, not in dark form, because the glitch happens randomly.

I do try to do these tests before uploading to the gallery because I imagine a 13 year old might giggle so loudly as to wake mom and get in trouble.

I love occult Sims obviously.

That's the only clue. That they were surprised that I was on a console. So I am drawing a conclusion based on no further information.

I would put my way to contact them here but I think it would upset the forum mods.

Resolved!

Message 3 of 5 (620 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SantaFeAtBay,

Contacting an agent does the exact same thing as contacting Terms of Service directly by filling out the webform. The only difference is the agent fills it out on your behalf.

I'm happy to hear you were able to get sorted with the Terms of Service team either way.

All the best,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 5 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From what I have read through countless complaints on the internet is those web forms only received a cursory glance and are ignored.

The agent I spoke with said he was consulting with his team on something as we spoke. If he was lying, that's unfortunate.

I felt his report would hold more weight as he asked for details that I may have neglected to put in the form if not reminded they needed it.

I understand why EA wants to handle everything by email. It's expensive to use agents. But based on customer dissatisfaction, it's not working.

I just bought 3 more packs recently DESPITE the fact that Sims 4 takes 5 to 10 minutes to load. That game play freezes and leaves me in wait till it unfreezes. That traveling from one world to another takes 3-5 minutes.

I am brand loyal. I am doing my part. EA needs to do theirs. 

But thank you for you input. I do understand as well as everyone else here does that it's your role to discourage players from using live chat for terms of service violations. And that role might not be fun.

Message 5 of 5 (605 Views)