Re: Sims 4 - Sectional Sofas - PS4

by Laneybob1

Original Post

Sims 4 - Sectional Sofas - PS4

★★★ Novice

I have the new pack for Sims 4 'Dream Home Decorator' and I play on PS4. 

When using the new sectionals to create a sofa, I am unable to link them together so it can be moved as one sofa. 

When I have auto sofa on, it allows me to place it right next to the other and it looks like a normal sofa, but I am unable to move it in one piece. I have to move each piece separately.

When I have it off, when I try to place the new sectional piece, it doesn't align with the previous piece. 

I am -probably- doing something wrong which would not surprise me. 

Message 1 of 5 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Laneybob1 I just checked in my game. With 'Automatic Sofa Placement' off or on I cannot move the sofa as a whole unit. So you are not doing something wrong. I guess it's that way by design, then.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (926 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for checking. Do you know how I can report this so it can be fixed?

Message 3 of 5 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Laneybob1 Bugs get reported in the 'Bug Reports' section at this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

The issue will be if it's by design (the way EA intended it to work). I was chatting with a friend about this and neither of us could remember EA mentioning that the sofas can be moved as one unit after attaching them. We're assuming that it's like cabinets, which you can also use an 'auto' setting on to get them to snap, but you also cannot move them as one unit afterward. They are still separate units.

But we could be wrong. Others may chime in here or in Bug Reports to confirm if it's by design or if it was claimed by EA that it would move as one unit after setting them next to one another.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (899 Views)

Champion

@Laneybob1  and @SheriGR , I don't know if it was intentional, or a bug, or just an oversight, but much like kitchen counters and cabinets that snap together , the sofas can't be moved as a while unit either.😕  Because the kitchen counters/cabinets don't do this , I think it might be intentional or an oversight, but I don't know for sure. Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (841 Views)