Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack: I don't have the calendar icon or seasons in game

by liyahshere

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack: I don't have the calendar icon or seasons in game

★★ Novice

I've bought the seasons expansion pack as well as the University one, but I don't seem to have any seasons at all and I don't see a calendar in the body left corner next to the phone icon. I've been watching videos and everyone with the seasons expansion has a calendar icon and they get to edit their seasons but I don't have that like I should. I was looking through the menu trying to find the problem and... i don't know if this means anything to help but I clicked on the "lessons" options and it showed an option for university and get together expansions but I don't have get together I have seasons. I tried to do this -disablepack: thing I found after googling my problem and then removing it but still no seasons. Please help this is really frustrating that I bought something and I don't get to use it.

Message 1 of 11 (1,270 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack: I don't have the calendar icon or seasons in

★★ Novice

I’ve talked to a tech person about it and they had me uninstall origin and then reinstall it and that worked but thanks everyone for trying to help! My expansion pack was already downloaded and there was no way for me to uninstall it so they had me uninstall origin.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

In Origin try repairing your game and see if this fixes it Standard smile

Message 2 of 11 (1,238 Views)

★★ Novice

I did multiple times

Message 3 of 11 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

May be worth uninstalling and try reinstalling it again

Message 4 of 11 (1,197 Views)

Hero

@liyahshere  It certainly looks like Seasons is not there from your screenshots.   Did you check to make sure that the Seasons Expansion Pack actually downloaded to your computer?  You can look in your C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 and see if you have a folder for EP05.

I had it happen where it showed I owned a pack but it wouldn't show up because it had not downloaded.  I'm not sure but all the icon seems to mean is that you have bought a pack, not that it actually downloaded and installed.  

Message 5 of 11 (1,157 Views)

Champion

@liyahshere, I think that @CGrant56 is probably right. Standard smile I had this happen to me before as well.  I had purchased the pack but it wasn't installed.  Oops

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (1,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@liyahshere You can also try this:

• While logged into Origin, click My Game Library
  • Right click on the Sims 4 game tile and select the Show Game Details option from the pop-up menu
  • Click on the Expansion Pack tab

Scroll down to where you see the Seasons block. What does it show as the status? Does it show as being installed?

seasons.JPG

Message 7 of 11 (1,112 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56in the second screenshot it looks like they do in fact own Seasons and it should be installed. ;o When I purchase and install expansion packs they show up the same on my Sims 4 homepage and if I do not own or have it installed it is like darkened out and if it is say 50% off the icons will say that.

Message 8 of 11 (1,072 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would honestly try uninstalling the expansion packs and reinstalling them. Maybe do the same with The Sims 4 as it won't hurt anything. You can see the status of expansion packs through origin by left clicking on the sims 4 in 'my games library' and then going to game details and selecting 'more.' If you have both University and Seasons installed it should appear as 'installed.'

Message 9 of 11 (1,068 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve talked to a tech person about it and they had me uninstall origin and then reinstall it and that worked but thanks everyone for trying to help! My expansion pack was already downloaded and there was no way for me to uninstall it so they had me uninstall origin.

Message 10 of 11 (1,041 Views)