Sims 4, Parenthood, Monkey Bars, and Messes

by Somber_Cry

Original Post

Sims 4, Parenthood, Monkey Bars, and Messes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay, I've been having this issue and didn't see any threads related to it so I'll just throw this out here and hope someone has an answer. Regardless of whether it's on home lot or at a park, my child sims will play on the monkey bars for a few moments then cancel the action to make a mess. Which I can just cancel if I'm paying attention so it wouldn't be an issue if not for the fact that the NPC children do it too. So the parks are usually a bloody awful mess with paint and baking powder or whatever splattered everywhere and no one assigned to clean it up. It occurs even in neighborhoods with community monkey bars and only the monkey bars. The pirate ship and space ship don't seem to have this issue. I don't have the time and patience to clean it all but it's leaving my sims uncomfortable and makes it hard to complete aspirations when the surroundings are filthy. My sims stop their jog through the neighborhood because they're uncomfortable instead of energized or whatever. I was expecting messes and whatnot with parenthood as that was one of the things featured but the frequency of messes being made by all children in game is rather excessive... I don't play with any mods or cc or anything that could be causing the problem. Anyone else experiencing this? What fixes it? Cause you sure as heck can't yell at the NPC kids to make them stop and I don't really want to have to watch the one kid play when I've other sims to attend to. Thanks.

04-22-18_8-04-41 PM.png

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 1 of 9 (3,545 Views)

Re: Sims 4, Parenthood, Monkey Bars, and Messes

★ Guide
This is in the Sims Mobile thread
Message 2 of 9 (3,491 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You should post this in the Sims 4 forum. This forum is for game information relating to The Sims Mobile.

Message 3 of 9 (3,471 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@rodenhennigI was on the sims forums looking for answers and selected new topic in the search bar... How did I end up in the Mobile? Do I delete this and try posting again or is there a way to move it over? Sorry I have no idea what I'm doing...

Message 4 of 9 (3,455 Views)

★ Guide
By the looks of things someone has moved it to the Sims 4 Forum for you already. Good Luck !
Message 5 of 9 (3,448 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Somber_Cry

To change to the correct forum click All boards a the top and select it there.

When you see your child making a mess or something else inappropriate scold it. After a couple of times it will learn not to do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (3,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@rodenhennigOh, okay cool. Thanks!

@jpkarlsenOkay, I'll be sure to look for that if I post again. Also, that's the issue. Even if they have full responsibility and manners, which at least one of my current child sims does, they still make the messes. Scold them, they get back to playing and as soon as they're on the monkey bars it triggers them to make a mess again. But like I said, I can just cancel the action if I'm paying attention. The biggest issue is the neighborhood kids do it too. I can't scold them.

Message 7 of 9 (3,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just putting there that I have the same issue with messes.

And only around monkeys bars as well ^^

( Kind of glad to see I'm not alone with those messes all over the place ).

As a solution I put a monkey bar in my garden, it's not the same but at least I can complete my objectives... Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (3,355 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AlfatinaSame here, glad to see I'm not the only one. That's also what I ended up doing and then just dedicated the time to keeping an eye on the brat to stop the make a mess action when it popped up in the cue. Still it'd be nice to have something more permanent as they are teens now and the parks are still a mess from the NPC children. Ah well, C'est la vie.  

Message 9 of 9 (3,284 Views)