by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Paranormal seance issue

★★ Novice

that did not work. what would be my next step

Message 11 of 16 (774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got the pack yesterday and everything is working except for the séance table. My lot is haunted, I got the premade haunted house that is prompted to put in in the game, my sim is not an occult, I don't play with mods, I've deleted that localthumbcache thing from my folder anyway, I've restarted my laptop (which is a brand new, updated gaming laptop) Ive updated the game, run a repair on the game, and I even built a random house with a random sim in Mt. Komorebi and placed the table down (It is 100% the séance table, I triple checked) and still the only prompt I get is to set the table. I got the prompt that my house is haunted at 9pm the first night, there have been the little ghosts on my lot, the paranormal garb shows up on my lot, my lot is haunted but I have no idea how to fix the table issue so I can begin building the medium skill. Someone please help, I have no idea how to proceed.

Message 12 of 16 (700 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shelbynicole9 

Make sure the lot type is set to Haunted Residential.
Lot-type.png

Have you placed 4 Seance chairs around the Seance Table?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 16 (688 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen I got the seance table and i dont even have an option to set table it only gives the the option to polish to perfection. I got the pack, i have no option to join paranormal investigator career and have no way to build medium skill. I deleted the file like you said.
Message 14 of 16 (569 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@leighrhoades2018 

The Seance table do not have an option to Set table. It is not a dining table. 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 16 (546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i click my seance table it just says set table, i don’t have any other interactions.

Message 16 of 16 (422 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help