Re: Sims 4 Package DLC?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Sims 4 Package DLC?

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have loved playing the Sims 1,2,3... However, I've been waiting for years now to purchase the Sims 4, I didn't purchase when it was released because it was lacking basic content like toddlers and pools. But now today there seems to be something like 16+ DLC for the game.

I really really want to purchase the Sims 4, but it is farrrrr to intimidating to purchase 16+ different DLC packages. Also, it is farrrr to disappointing to just purchase the base game all while knowing there are 16+ DLC packages.

My question is, is there ever going to be a package deal that has all the 16+ DLC in it that way I can purchase the game?

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Package DLC?

Champion

@thomas1569, while there are some people who answer questions here who work for EA, most of us helping out do not work for EA, so there is no way we would know.  And those here who do work for EA either don't know themselves (depending on which department they work in probably) or if they actually do know, they more than likely can't tell us. Raised eyebrow

Based on past versions of the Sims, I would say it is unlikely that they would release a giant bundle like you mentioned.  I don't remember them doing that for TS1, TS2, or TS3, so it seems doubtful they would do it for TS4. (But they have done some things different for TS4, so who knows!) Wink

What I would do if I were you is to approach this in one of a couple of ways:

1.) I would just buy first the Base Game and the Expansion Packs (EPs), Game Packs (GPs), and Stuff Packs (SPs) that interest you the most. Standard smile So if city life interests you more than vampires (for example), then you should get the City Living EP before getting the Vampires GP.  This way you get what interests you first and not what I or someone else likes. Angel  To help you make this decision, here is the link to check out each pack and all the items in the pack:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/about-packs  

Scroll until you see 3 bars to click on that say "Explore Expansion Packs", "Explore Game Packs", & "Explore Stuff Packs". When you click on one of those it will take you to a page that has all of that type of pack listed.  From there click on the picture of the pack (above the orange bar you click on to buy it) and it will take you to a page that has the info about that pack and then below that there will be pictures of every piece of furniture, clothing, hairstyle, etc. (but not in every color). Heart  If you look at all of them, you can write down the ones in a list that interest you the most and then buy those first, and save the others for later.

2.) You could also just concentrate on the EPs and GPs at first because they have a lot more gameplay than SPs, and also there are fewer of them so it isn't as intimidating.  Large smile

Since you mentioned an interest in pools and toddlers, I will suggest the Get Together EP for the diving platforms and pool decorations (Spa Day GP has some decorations too, but no way to dive) and the Perfect Patio SP for rounding out your pool parties.

And for the toddlers, I highly suggest the Toddler SP and the Parenting GP.  People who play a lot of families love these two packs! Heart

Keep in mind that by the end of this month, a new GP is coming out "Jungle Adventure"! :eahigh_file:

Please update us on what you decide to do! I hope this is of some help to you. 

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)