Sims 4 - No Starter Funds

by playedbysam

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 - No Starter Funds

★ Novice

Hi Team, I just downloaded Sims 4 City Living, and a couple of others for the bundle pack. Unfortunately now, when I make new characters, I'm given no starting funds. Also, the money cheats are invalid at this point as well. So, I can't play the game. Help!

Message 1 of 7 (8,014 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - No Starter Funds

[ Edited ]
Champion

@playedbysam Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue in my game - aside from one aspect. I made a new game and two different new Sims and in both cases they showed with the $20,000 initial funds. I found that the 'Motherlode' and 'rosebud', and 'kaching' money cheats worked as expected, however the 'Money' cheat did not work:
• Money cheat set exact funds:
Money 100 sets at 100 Simoleons
Money 000 sets to Zero 

More on how these additional money cheats work here: https://sherigr.com/sims-4-cheats/how-to-cheat/#money-cheats

You may want to try a game repair in case your expansions did not not download properly/completely. Please click the spoiler here for directions on how to do this:

Spoiler
  • Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
  • If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
  • If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Just to eliminate this possibility, do you have Mods &/or CC? If so please try removing them and the following cache file as directed in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler
Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you have a lot of Mods/CC, please try the 50/50 method.

Are you noticing that all of your new Sims have no funds or just random ones? I did find this Bug Report, so perhaps it is somewhat random? Please read through the bug report and see if it sounds like your issue:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-downloaded-from-my-gallery-catalog-do-not-have-enoug...  If it matches your issue please add a 'me too' to the bug report and subscribe to updates so you will get notified to be able to track if there are workarounds or a fix in a patch. You could also add your information to the post.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 7 (7,984 Views)

★ Novice

Heya Sheri,

I think I had to repair my game. I right clicked on my game in the origin launch screen and things sorted out.

I had used the “motherlode” cheat which still didn’t work unless I had purchased a property.

nevertheless, all sorted now! Can’t wait to play this afternoon! 

Message 3 of 7 (7,957 Views)

Champion

@playedbysam  Awesome!!! 🎉 I'm so happy to hear that!! Thank you for letting us know and have fun!! ☕

Message 4 of 7 (7,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem. I added two sims from my gallery to a new household and since I can't buy a house I can't play and money cheats won't work! Can you help me?

Message 5 of 7 (4,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Reewriter743 If those households don't have any money and cheats don't work for you, you can merge them into another household with lots of funds, then split them back into their own household and assign them money in the split. If you don't know how to do either one or both of these processes, directions are below:

Message 6 of 7 (4,725 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (4,718 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help