Sims 4 New Pond Issues

by klabean14

Original Post

Sims 4 New Pond Issues

★★ Novice

So, after this most recent update, whenever I make a pond in Sims 4, I cannot change the water color or apply any of the outdoor water decorations.

I make the hole, fill the hole with water, and when I try to apply a different water color, I'm met with "Must be applied to a room."

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 13 (7,564 Views)

Re: Sims 4 New Pond Issues

Champion

@klabean14 I made a pond and added both decorations and water color several times over the last couple of days, plus after downloading the new pack. I didn't get that error at any point. So... I'm wondering what's different on the lot you're trying on. Is this only on one lot or on other lots also? Can you share a screenshot of the area you're trying to apply it to? Is it possible that you have a Mod or CC that broke with the update and is causing the error? If you have Mods/CC, please try removing them and clearing your cache, or try in a new, vanilla game save (no Mods/CC) to see if the issue is still present there. See the spoiler tag below if you need directions for this process. I look forward to your reply...

Spoiler
Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. 
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 13 (7,547 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a residential lot and I do not have any mods.

Message 3 of 13 (7,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@klabean14Sorry for your frustration. Did you test if this happens on other lots? If you would like to share the lot to the gallery I could try it out in my game and see if the issue appears here also or if I can see anything that may be triggering it. A screenshot may also help trigger some ideas for me. Please click the spoiler tag for sharing directions. Thanks!

Spoiler
You could name the lot something like "pond test". Then please add a comment in this thread to let me know the name, and please let me know if your User ID in the gallery is different than it is here in the forum.   

Message 4 of 13 (7,518 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too.  I''m playing on Xbox so for sure no CC or mods causing the issue.  It will allow me to apply to the water style to the floor of rooms which creates a very cool, end of Titanic scene vibe but not exactly what I'm going for..

Message 5 of 13 (7,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so naturally as soon as I post this it started working.  I went off the lot, visited two other premade lots, and when I went back to the lot I was building the tool worked correctly.  

Message 6 of 13 (7,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gea250 Ya... I think that's a 'thing', unfortunately. It's always a good trouble shooting thing to try saving, leaving the lot to world view, or travel to another lot (or if this doesn't kick in normality, try exiting to the Main Menu) and then return to the lot.. For some issues, glitches, or frozen tools this will jar the lot into acting normally again.

Message 7 of 13 (7,457 Views)

★ Apprentice

@gea250 @klabean14  Don’t know if any of you guys found a solution already but I also play on console and just discovered this issue. There is actually a “Apply to Room Mode” that can toggle on and off. By pressing a certain button (for me R1), after pressing that I can change pond colors just fine. 

Message 8 of 13 (6,841 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!!! I was having the same problem as OP and this worked! I went to wallpapers and switched it to per wall and then went back to water style!

Message 9 of 13 (6,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@klabean14 @PeachyPlumbobs33 @justtayunicorns @gea250 I was just chatting with @PoptartJuniper about this. She says that console is showing this issue (stuck build mode toggle  for wall/room) with pools and windows also. 

There is a report on the pool issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-XB1-Pool-water-texture-not-applying/m-p/962664...

She recommended that a bug report be created for this issue separately in regards to ponds. If you create this report please add a comment here that it has been created and I can see whether this thread can be merged into it, then all of you can 'Me Too' that bug report. Thanks! 

Where to create Bug Reports: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 10 of 13 (6,200 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help