Re: Sims 4 My Library - Does it work as a backup?

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 My Library - Does it work as a backup?

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm playing The Sims 4 on Windows 10 and I've recently had some issues unrelated to the game itself. I ran a troubleshoot on my computer which has advised a fresh start which involves removing a list of apps/games before reinstalling an updated version of Windows, one of which being The Sims 4. I have a few custom built lots which I spent a long time on and I'd like to keep them for when I reinstall. I'm just wondering if I save these lots to My Library on the game will they be backed up regardless of uninstallation. I've tried to Google this but all I can find about backing up lots, or anything else for that matter, seems to involve locating files and copying them elsewhere temporarily which would be no good in this situation as I can't be sure such files won't be removed when I run this fresh start. Help much appreciated! Thanks (:

Message 1 of 3 (3,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Zo3Fletcher

you can save them to the online gallery in which case they will be saved automatically (I wouldn't use it as the ultimate backup place though as there's always a possibility that EA removes stuff from there).

If you save it to the library, it's stored locally on your PC and you'll need to backup that folder.

Here's some explanation what you should backup: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

The houses are in the tray folder but you can simply save the whole folder to an external drive. That would insure them not getting whipped when you reinstall.

You should back anything important like files and photos before doing the reinstall.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (3,565 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'll take a look at the link, thanks ever so much! 

Message 3 of 3 (3,554 Views)