Sims 4 Multiplayer or Online

by FireyLuna

Original Post

Re: Sims Online Multiplayer MMORPG

★★★★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 That's why I don't want it. Since there's a lot of cost involved, companies want to make up the expenses, service fees, subscriptions, microtransactions, loot boxes, it becomes riddled with charges and fees that we all end up paying.

Single-player games are a dying breed.
Message 21 of 68 (510 Views)

Re: Sims 4 multiplayer

★★★ Newbie
@emilyxxxlol Me and my brother were just talking about how if there was multiplayer it would be cool to play together maybe split screen or on different consoles same game type of thing uk
Message 22 of 68 (58,633 Views)

★★ Guide
@SW211246 It definitely would be a nifty feature for consoles. I remember back then for The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 console versions, they always made it different than the PC version. I'm really unsure why they wouldn't continue that trend. It was pretty awesome.
Message 23 of 68 (58,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hestiah23and @SW211246  the reason why they don't make TS4 multiplayer is that the game at it's core is a PC/Mac game.  People don't usually play multiplayer games on a computer.  The reason why TS2 and TS3 had multiplayer capabilities on the console versions was because both TS2 and TS3 console versions were entirely different games than TS2 and TS3 for PC/Mac! Raised eyebrow  But since the console version of TS4 is the same game as the PC/Mac version, it really isn't set up for a multiplayer mode. Wink

Edit to strikeout my mistake in saying that people don't usually play multiplayer games on a computer. Oops  I was answering a specific comparison that 2 people had made with console version of TS2 and TS3 which did have a multiplayer, even if it wasn't online multiplayer.  I was not talking about online multiplayer games like World of Warcraft to begin with.  I was only talking about side-by-side multiplayer games like you would play in the same room on the same screen like Mariokart.   (Even if I'm wrong about that as well, I haven't heard of many side-by-side multiplayer PC games, and can't know every one of them that exist.  So I apologize about that.Angel  But please drop it! Everyone makes mistakes! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 24 of 68 (58,598 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 I understand.

Quote: It definitely would be a nifty feature for consoles. I remember back then for The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 console versions, they always made it different than the PC version. I'm really unsure why they wouldn't continue that trend. It was pretty awesome.
Message 25 of 68 (58,590 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Multiplayer or Online

★★★ Newbie

Totally agree! While there is a mod for two people to do this, it would be a great expansion pack for EA to add this functionality for multiple friends to play together into the Sims 4. My friends and I keep talking about this. Since multiplayer modes seem to be in so many games today, it would be super cool to have a special neighborhood that allows building together, or a way to visit your friends other neighborhoods to check out their builds, interact with their Sims and enjoy the general awesome wackiness that usually ensues in one of my all-time favorite PC games. 

Message 26 of 68 (58,617 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Multiplayer or Online

★★★ Newbie

Definately something I want ! to be honest initially I thought that was possible until speaking to my brother who has just moved away and asked me if he could make a sim in my world before he left again when I asked him why we couldn’t just add each other he said it doesn’t work that way Frown definately a nessacarry addition you PS4 and xbox1 

Message 27 of 68 (57,145 Views)

★ Novice
@PugLove888 amazing! Everything you just said is wrong.
Message 28 of 68 (1,580 Views)

Champion

@coryg90, I was speaking directly to what @SW211246 and @hestiah23 mentioned about how the console versions of TS2 and TS3 (which were completely different from the PC versions of TS2 and TS3) had a split screen multiplayer feature (not online) that wasn't present in the PC versions.  Due to the console version of TS4 being the same as the PC version, it does not have the split screen 2 player capability that the console versions of TS2 and TS3 had.  I was not talking about all the other posters who wanted an online multiplayer version like other types of PC games, hence why I only addressed the 2 people who were comparing TS4 to older versions of the Sims, which never had a multiplayer feature. They referred to the type of multiplayer game in which you are sitting with a friend or family member in the same room as you with a split screen, much like you would play Marion Kart.  I have never heard of a PC game that is played in this fashion.  The only multiplayer games for PC that I've heard of  are online ones like WoW, which is not what @SW211246 and @hestiah23 were taking about! Wink I was replying to them in the context they had mentioned, not the one that the other posters were taking about!   Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 29 of 68 (1,553 Views)

multiplayer:)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have been playing sims 4 for a while now and I am absolutely in love with the game. Do you guys think that there's a possibility that there can be an online multiplayer option for those of us who want to play with our friends? If so, that would be so amazingStandard smile

Message 30 of 68 (1,526 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help