Sims 4 Mods/CC wont work

by avopizza

Original Post

Sims 4 Mods/CC wont work

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

Long story short my Sims 4 game won't allow me to use CC and I'm trying to resolve why. 

I have used CC previously in my game and it used to work fine. I then had some issues with my PC, nothing to do with any games, but I had to delete absolutely everything from my PC and start over (completely fresh install). Ever since then I haven't been able to use CC. I have the Mods file in my Sims folder with the Resource file inside as I should. I can download and go through the process of putting CC into my game as I have previously. The settings in game are all set to show/allow CC yet it never shows up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game and all expansions multiple times, I've tried coming in and out of the game switching the settings for mods on/off many times too but nothing allows it to show up.

Any suggestions will be welcomed please and thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mods/CC wont work

Hero

@avopizza  The only thing I can think of that you have not said you've done is ask if you are using nested subfolders within the mods folder.  You may need to edit your resource.cfg file to add extra levels so the game will see the files in nested subfolders.  I have edited mine and it looks like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

This allows me to have multiple nested folders down several levels.

Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mods/CC wont work

Champion

@avopizza, in addition to what @CGrant56 suggested you might find some help on this link: 
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

Please update us on your status! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (214 Views)