Sims 4 (Mac) - Can't find product key

by Skullseeker_OG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 (Mac) - Can't find product key

★★ Novice

I purchased Sims4 via the EA web site and created a child account for my 11 year old.  I cannot find the product key to install on her computer and i have spent hours reading forums, following suggestions, etc.  It is not on my confirmation email, I can't find it in my Origin app, and i do not see it on my myacccount.ea.com

Also, i can not seem to navigate through the EA customer service platform to get a phone number/chat started.

Please advise and thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (477 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 (Mac) - Can't find product key

@Skullseeker_OG  The copy of Sims 4 you bought is tied to your account now, not your child's, and there's no way to use the product code to install the game through her account.  (If you want to see the code, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library and choose Game Properties.)  What you'll need to do is contact EA customer support and ask that the game be transferred to your child's account.  After that, you'll be able to sign into her account and download the game, no code needed.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Support is on limited hours right now, so you may need to wait until 9 am GMT to get through.  Phone calls are not always available either.  If you're not getting the contact option you want, try selecting a slightly different category of problem—some issues only allow one type of contact, while others are more flexible.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (457 Views)

All Replies

@Skullseeker_OG  The copy of Sims 4 you bought is tied to your account now, not your child's, and there's no way to use the product code to install the game through her account.  (If you want to see the code, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library and choose Game Properties.)  What you'll need to do is contact EA customer support and ask that the game be transferred to your child's account.  After that, you'll be able to sign into her account and download the game, no code needed.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Support is on limited hours right now, so you may need to wait until 9 am GMT to get through.  Phone calls are not always available either.  If you're not getting the contact option you want, try selecting a slightly different category of problem—some issues only allow one type of contact, while others are more flexible.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (458 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks - this is exactly what needed to happen.  appreciate your help!  we are all sorted out now!

btw EA should prob work on their solutions for this issue...the help stuff doesn't explain well. its stil referencing the product key...

Message 3 of 3 (447 Views)