Re: Sims 4 MCCC issue?

by DayDreamer0215

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 MCCC issue?

★★ Novice

So I've had Mc Command Center for a long time and I have it updated to the newest patch, but I recently installed Slice of Life into my game as well but in game I cant find Mc Command Center's options in game anywhere? When i click on my sim it has the Slice of life option to click on for their options and all that but no Mc Command Center. And when I click on the computer theres still nothing? I'm not sure if they arent compatible or if I've done something wrong, I've looked everywhere but I cant find anybody talking about this and I hope its not an issue only I have.

Message 1 of 15 (15,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

I think my original comment got deleted cause I edited it too much because I kept noticing things. 

Basically, what I noticed was that you have a "game mods" folder, and if I understand correctly you have SoL sitting in that folder. If you have a single folder called like KS - Slice of Life or something like that then that could be the problem. You see, SoL has various sub-folders within it. Placing SOL into another folder would cause the main systems and buffs to be placed two-folders deep so the game wouldn't detect them. 

I recommend either moving the main systems and buffs to the game mods folder or just simply grabbing and dropping the SoL folder into your mods folder (not the games mods folder). I will give some pictures. 

Capture (1).PNGCapture (1).PNG

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (17,287 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@ithinkimnyancat It does sound like the codes for the two mods are fighting... and the 'Slice of Life' one is winning. I would recommend that you choose one or the other and remove the other one - and probably run a repair in Origin. If codes are fighting they can begin to cause secondary damage with each other's code - and with the game code.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 15 (15,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@ithinkimnyancatHi, I am a mod user of Sims as well. I have both MC Command Center and Slice of Life installed (and have for quite a while). They are both compatible with each other. For myself, I put MC into its own folder in my mods, and I placed SoL into its own folder.

Message 3 of 15 (15,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DayDreamer0215 Thank you for sharing this method that helped your mods to become compatible in your game. I expect @ithinkimnyancat will find this quite helpful to know. Can I please clarify if you are having any issues with them running correctly together in your game after the new EA patch/update was added - the one that was released yesterday? I think we were concerned that they had become incompatible after the patch... unless this method of separate folders will address the issues mentioned with the new patch/update in.

Message 4 of 15 (15,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRThere are no issues that I can find. They work exactly like they did before the patch went live. For clarity purposes, I am using MCCC version 6.3 and SoL June 15th version. They work together from what I can find. Standard smile

Message 5 of 15 (15,237 Views)

Champion

@DayDreamer0215 Awesome! I will tag @ithinkimnyancat. Perhaps they can try out your technique combined with checking to make sure they have the newest/same versions of each.Thank you for your input! Standard smile

Message 6 of 15 (15,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR Just wanted to add that MC updated to version 6.3.2 because they noticed some issues from yesterday that didn't get patched. Standard smile

Message 7 of 15 (15,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DayDreamer0215 That is great news! I will also tag @ithinkimnyancat to check for the MCCC update that they just put out to address the patch issues. Thank you for your excellent information and assistance! :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 15 (15,213 Views)

★★ Novice
@DayDreamer0215 in the instructions of how to install slice of life it says it can only go in one sub folder. So I have it set up as the Mods folder in the sims 4 folder sent then in the mods folder I have 1 folder for game mods and another folder for cc and subfolders for each category. But slice of life can only go one sub folder deep so I just left it out of a folder in my game mods folder and I have the mccc in it's own folder but it doesnt seem to be working. So should I put the slice of life in it's own folder in the mods folder itself and not the game mods that is the subfolders for my mods?
Message 9 of 15 (15,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@ithinkimnyancatHi! So, basically, what I did for MC seems like what you did. I put one folder into my mods folder called MC and placed all of the script and package files in there for MC. For SoL, I extracted the content to its own folder (using WinRar). Then, I take that entire folder and just drop it into my mods folder. I don't touch the other folders (unless deleting content I don't want) from within that main folder and everything works fine for me. 

The MA (mod author) did release a June 21st patch because there was an error for those who don't own City Living. I hope my pictures and such help you get these two mods playing nice together. Standard smile

Edit: After re-reading your reply, I think I know the issue. If you just took the SoL folder and placed into your "game mods" folder, then the main systems and buffs and such would be 2-sub-folders deep because they each have their own folder. I would recommend just dropping it into your mods folder and seeing if the problem gets fixed. You can follow the pathing of my MC and SoL in the pictures below. 

SOL.PNGCapture (2).PNG

Message 10 of 15 (15,048 Views)