Sims 4 Is there a way for toddlers to sit at the table without a high chair?

by AshleyL9803

Original Post

Sims 4 Is there a way for toddlers to sit at the table without a high chair?

★ Apprentice

HI! I like to play with ages and in real life, a four-year-old would not still be sitting at the table in a high chair during meals. I am willing to use mods. If it functions as a high chair that is fine but it needs to connect to the table like regular chairs, I don't want their chair being further back from the table than the regular chairs. If it's a regular chair, it needs to function for toddlers to use at the table. I've been downsizing normal high chairs to make it look like they're not in high chairs but now it looks like they're not sitting on chairs at all!

Message 1 of 5 (1,226 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Is there a way for toddlers to sit at the table without a high chair?

★ Apprentice

Not at the table, but the ones that are more trained climb on a bench in the bar room I've made, and can eat from there. Might, or might not work the same with the sofa. I think resizing is for looks only LOL. They won't use the item named something they can't use. And yeah others can sit on the same bench and talk with them, I saw it this morning. I think it's a styled Corsican bar from Cat's and Dogs. But probably any bench would do the same thing. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,091 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Is there a way for toddlers to sit at the table without a high chair?

Champion

@AshleyL9803 , while this isn't quite what you were asking for, I usually just have everyone eat together while watching TV! This way Toddlers can join them without it being weird! 😀
However, I realize you might not like that idea. We would need something like a booster seat in the game.Thinking  I don't know if they are adding anything like that to the game in the new Grow Together Expansion Pack that is coming out soon, but it is possible!  I will be on the lookout for this as more information on that pack is revealed! 🤞 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe this Mod by Around the Sims 4 is something you're looking for:

https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_kids_20.shtml

Message 4 of 5 (226 Views)

Champion

@AshleyL9803 If you set one of the chairs back slightly at an angle so it’s “at” the table but not actually attached to the table, toddlers can climb into it to sit. They’ll hold the plate on their lap though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 5 (217 Views)