Re: Sims 4 How do I end the style trend?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 How do I end the style trend?

★★★★★ Novice

So, I made a trend for one of my sims not knowing what it would do, and now I don't know how to stop the trends so my sims can all stop looking the same.

Message 1 of 14 (7,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@Kloey_luvv I don't think you can stop them but you can replace them. I generally make 5 each of male and female styles that blend in well with regular townies, like nothing too flashy. With 5 different styles you won't see the same one as often and to be honest some of those randomly-generated NPC outfits are so hideous I'd rather see my styles anyway! xD

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (7,634 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@Kloey_luvv I don't think you can stop them but you can replace them. I generally make 5 each of male and female styles that blend in well with regular townies, like nothing too flashy. With 5 different styles you won't see the same one as often and to be honest some of those randomly-generated NPC outfits are so hideous I'd rather see my styles anyway! xD

Message 2 of 14 (7,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 3 of 14 (7,620 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Kloey_luvv You can have some fun with this though, like getting a bunch of NPC townies to dress up like the Easter Bunny or a Bigfoot, stuff like that.

Just remember to replace the styles before you quit playing a Stylist or you'll have Easter Bunnies and Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) in your game forever! Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (7,612 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How do you do this? Didn't know you can do this...

Message 5 of 14 (7,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gwenna1981, You need to join the Style Influencer career. I haven't done it in a while, but here is a site that explains it very well! https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/styleinfluencer/
This is an excellent site for other Sims 4 stuff as well!

@Kloey_luvv  and @RandomBuzziness , I put all my styles that I wanted to be followed  in the Knights costumes from Get Together and the Fairy costumes from Spooky stuff in order to easily track how much I was influencing other Sims! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 14 (7,564 Views)

★ Pro
@Kloey_luvv This was a bug reported last year. I saw the report before ever having set a trend so never used the feature. However, this is supposed to be fixed in the 6/3/20 patch. From the patch notes:
"Style Influencer Sims can now remove trends they have created, with the Reset Trend interaction."

I don't know where that interaction would be shown since I don't even have a sim in that career in the save I am currently playing. When I saw the note I thought maybe you click on the sim to see it but simply don't know for sure.

Message 7 of 14 (7,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@dolldrms1 Nice catch! I just loaded my Style Influencer save and you are right there are two new interactions!

- Reset Feminine Trend and Reset Masculine Trend

reset trend.JPG

They do clear all style trends in the selected gender. I'm glad to hear they added this to the game but I probably won't use it because to be honest I'd rather see NPC townies wearing my created styles than the random outfits that can often look horrible like this:

ugly townie outfit.JPG

Ughhh where is my eye bleach? O_o

xDDD

Message 8 of 14 (7,521 Views)

★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness Thanks so much for checking this out!

Agreed is great the ability to remove a trend was added since players trying the career for the first time may not think to add 5 outfits and just want to end a trend.

Sure glad you pointed out that setting the 5 outfits is a good way to exercise some control over what NPC sims might wear. LOL, as shown in your pic some choices are hysterically funny or annoying!

Sometimes I just chuckle over NPC fashion choices and sometimes I get so irked that I have to find them in household manager and redo assigned fashions. Your pic shows an NPC sim that would definitely get a visit in household manager, lol.
Message 9 of 14 (7,498 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Ack! I wish I'd known this earlier. Thanks to the look a Style Influencer created many generations ago, Grim just showed up in a crop top, hot pants, and white go-go boots!
Message 10 of 14 (6,730 Views)