Sims 4 Home Decorator - thanks for this large stuff pack

by CircuitD

Original Post

Sims 4 Home Decorator - thanks for this large stuff pack

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks for this $20 stuff pack. Actually paranormal had more game play. The “game” pack comes with no new traits, no new aspirations, no new world, and minimal “game” play. For $20 you get a lot of buy items (which you can get for free as cc). In addition you get 1 career created on an existing gig system with minimal new animation. Adding a world to fix as a decorator might have saved this (especially since lot space is desperately needed). I guess that would have required too much effort. The new career provides no challenge, and as always your happy robot sim will love no matter what you do. You can put trash. Don’t worry they will love it. I guess the sims team thinks this bare minimum is worth your money. Why try when you make cash anyway. For the first time I am wondering, if I should just switch to mods and cc not get anymore ea content. I did mod my game (which I was against), because it is simply boring, uninspiring and not enjoyable. I find modders put more effort into their creations. 

Message 1 of 6 (307 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Home Decorator - thanks for this large stuff pack

★ Apprentice

I agree that the clients should be able to determine between something that looks good and just a bunch of randomly placed objects that match their likes. I bet it would be hard to code that, though, since what looks good is subjective. If each person had more opinions on style versus objects, that could help. I also agree about the fact that they should've added a new world (and at least one new aspiration!), but so far, I'm pretty happy with the game pack overall.

Message 2 of 6 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CircuitD ,  I would have liked a new Aspiration or trait, especially since Interior Designers don't usually paint on easels , but having a painting aspiration is the closest we can get to that, unless you pick the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration or the Jack of All Trades aspiration (since you can work on photography, handiness, charisma, and painting as logical extensions of a real Interior Designer. 

However, we have had several GPs and EPs without new traits or aspirations.  Not all GPs or EPs have came with a new world either.  The gig system is probably the best way to implement this career.  Would you rather them choose a new way to do this career even if it would be more cumbersome or difficult?

Also, you stated that there wasn't much point to buying a pack with a bunch of items without a lot of gameplay, (Builders and CAS artists might disagree! Wink) especially since you can just get CC and mods for free... however not everyone can get CC or mods.  Many people don't want to use them, and console users can't use CC or Mods until both Sony and Microsoft agree to allow it for The Sims 4! 😭  So they might appreciate a lot of Build/Buy items and CAS items! 

If you play at the regular speed then I can see who animations would be important to you, but many people play at speed 2 or speed 3, pausing or slowing down for certain moments, or to queue up more actions.  And watching animations does not guarantee great gameplay -- I used to play TS2 at high speed , missing a lot of repetitive animations, and that was the best game I ever played! Party hat I had a blast with it even though I often would blast through the many animations.  So people can have fantastic gameplay without watching animations all the time.  Still I do understand that many people want to watch every animation, so if that is your thing I understand. Wink

But I have seen people who failed interior design gigs in the game , so that isn't true that clients will always accept whatever you give them!  They actually failed the entire challenge!  Others pleased one of the people in the client household but failed with the other household member!  

As for Sims not minding trash that the Interior Decorator "decorated" with, while this could be an oversight or a bug in the game, maybe other aspects of the design (like theme or color) over ridded their aversion to trash.  Or maybe that Sim has the Slob trait! Large smile  Much like @elmaster1o1 stated, design is subjective!  😄  There is a saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"  There have been many times I've seen design shows where I thought the design was hideous and the clients and the Interior Designer thought it was gorgeous! 😱😅

If you want to use Mods or CC then have fun! Party hat (just be sure to maintain them properly, getting rid of outdated CC or Mods and exchange them for updated versions , and deleting your localthumbcache.package file when you do so! Raised eyebrowStandard smile  )

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (255 Views)

Champion

@CircuitD , after I posted to you a few hours ago, I was playing my game and my Interior Designer failed her gig!   One of the clients liked the design (but didn't love it) and the other ran out of the house crying.😮🤣  I got paid nothing! (But I still had fun!)  They didn't like Storybook decor, but liked Mid Century and orange.  Perhaps one of the clients liked orange and Mid Century but the other client had a hidden aversion to one or both of these things.  Also I have no Mods or CC installed at all, so it isn't a broken CC item or Mod that could have caused this.  I just wanted to assure you that your Sims do not automatically love what you design! 😅 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CircuitD I tend to agree. Since the career is pretty much broken, all that's left is the build items.

For now, this is just a stuff pack.
Message 5 of 6 (227 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CircuitD From your response, I don't think you own the game. Not all game packs come with new traits, aspirations, or worlds. Spa Day and Dine Out don't have any of those. The EA never said that was a guarantee for every game pack.

You must be an expert designer. I have played several gigs and I haven't gotten a perfect on every single one of them. For some of my gigs, I have failed even though I followed their requests. Saying there isn't a challenge is being disingenuous.

Dream Home Decorator comes with too many Build Mode objects to be a stuff pack. It comes with over 100 new build mode objects while stuff packs come with less than 50. Plus it comes with double the amount of CAS items that stuff packs come with.

All the careers in the game are built on the same system. I don't know why you are complaining about this. The Interior Designer career is an active career but it also uses gigs. It has 10 career levels like the other active careers in the game. It comes with over 50 jobs to choose from. In a way, it is a new system because of how it works.

If you have other packs, the amount of lots is enough to not need a whole new world. There are plenty of lots to decorate in the base game alone and each job is different each time you go to a house. There are about 57 lots in the base game to decorate. I have been using the pack with all worlds except for 2 and I haven't been back to the same house twice.

For $20, the amount of content you get in the pack is standard with the other packs that have been released. If you dislike or like the pack, that is more subjective.
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)