Dot.: Sims 4 Green gardening not compliant And household has a garden.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Green gardening not compliant And household has a garden.

★★★ Apprentice

I did get into compliance after adding a bug farm. No idea why that would be a requirement, but it worked for me. 

Message 31 of 40 (3,741 Views)

★★★ Novice

I completed the gardening collection and because it’s rags to riches, have several planters dedicated to growing the most expensive plants and I still can’t make the inspector happy. 

Message 32 of 40 (3,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@atanvarneroquen My current Sim moved to Brindleton Bay at the beginning of winter. I play with the long 28-day seasons and for many days the ground was too cold to plant seeds. So the only plants she had were fully grown plants I had stored in her household inventory from her old lot before she moved. I was able to place these in the ground at her new house in Build mode, as apparently you can do this even when the ground is too cold to plant seeds in Live mode. Anyway, she did not have a large number of plants on this lot-- I think it was no more than 10-- when the Inspector arrived to check for NAP compliance. She did have an empty bug house on the lot though. The Inspector said she passed! It seems that having the bug house made a difference, just as others on here have already posted. In my case the bug house didn't even have any bugs in it yet (I wanted to wait till spring to add those) so even an empty bug house seemed to work.

Message 33 of 40 (3,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think its the quantity, because my sims have 30 plants that they take care of on a regular basis

Message 34 of 40 (3,459 Views)

Champion

@fpli78xt8sun, yes you are right! Standard smile  At first we thought it was the quantity, but if you had read further down (I realize this thread is many pages long though Disappointed) you would have seen that we figured it out that you need either the new Bug Box from Eco Lifestyle, or the Bee Box from Seasons in order for the garden to be compliant with the Green Gardening NAP! Wink  The bug boxes are what make the garden a "green" (eco friendly) garden! 

The reason that we at first thought that it was the quantity of plants was because a few of us had a certain number of plants but we also had either a bug box or a bee box without realizing that this was the key ingredient! Oops  We either just put in the bee box out of habit, or wanted to try the new bug boxes! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 35 of 40 (93,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have 15 plants (5 planters, 5 pots - all homemade from the woodworking bench) and a full grown cowplant but I keep getting fined for this initiative for not being compliant as well.

Message 36 of 40 (3,352 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@LolaPierce 

Please read the accepted answer just above you posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 37 of 40 (3,330 Views)

★ Novice

I was having this problem too! I had 4 fruit trees, 6 full vertical planters and 4 more plants that wouldn't fit in the vertical planters but I kept getting fined for not complying with the green gardening N.A.P. (in total 20 plants) for a while i thought it might be influenced by number of interactions (i was having my sim do "tend all" and "super sell" and some days forgot to garden) but ultimately it came down to the Insect Farm (I didn't test out the bee box for this though). As soon as my household had gone a full week owning it, I stopped receiving the fine - I haven't had it long enough to say whether or not it makes a difference if you are actively farming insects though, it could possibly be enough to just own the item!

Thanks to everyone who posted on here! I don't think I would've figured out how to fix it on my own!

Message 38 of 40 (3,201 Views)

Champion

@Thepineapple13 , if you have Seasons and the bee box, you don't have to collect honey every day ... but I would make sure that the bees don't need a mite treatment because they get angry when they do!  The bees do not need as much tending as the new bug boxes that came with Eco Lifestyle! 😅  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 39 of 40 (3,079 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there! 

We now have a bug report on this issue here - so if you are experiencing this, please click "Me too" or comment in the bug report. Standard smile

So, because we are tracking it as a bug, I'm closing this thread.

Cheers,

Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 40 of 40 (2,581 Views)