Sims 4 Ghost Disappearing

by Massacre-Redrum

Original Post

Sims 4 Ghost Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I built a cemetery and now the tombstones are pointless. How do I stop the ghost from disappearing (without strengthening the connection)?

Message 1 of 8 (3,164 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Ghost Disappearing

★★★ Pro

You can't you have to strengthen the connection or they end up disappearing to the netherworld a lot sooner you don't have to strengthen the connection that often though I think I only had to do it once a sim week I am unaware of any cheats and I can't find anything about there being cheats for this.

Message 2 of 8 (3,125 Views)

Hero

@Massacre-Redrum 

You can keep the ghosts around a lot longer is you are willing to cheat with a mod.

MCCC has an option to set flags.  One of the flags you can set is "No Cull".  So that sim will never be culled from the game and their ghost will hang around, basically forever until the flag is removed.  But if you use it too often, it will affect your game.  You'll see it in your relationship panels and whenever you do things like send a chain letter or select sims to travel and other places like that when those sims where known to your active sims at the time.  Over time the number of ghosts you have can really add up.  It really depends on how you play and how many you want to hang around.  

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8 (3,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@CGrant56 Good suggestion I forgot the flags as I have never used them. Edit I think that the poster is a PS4 user so mc wouldn't work.

Message 4 of 8 (3,089 Views)

Hero

@Rachelharris31   True. MCCC only works on PCs and Macs.

@Massacre-Redrum    What platform are you playing on?

Message 5 of 8 (3,080 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CGrant56  I've just had a looks at there profile PS4 player so yeah it won't work.

Message 6 of 8 (3,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It takes some work, but here's what I would do: I would make all the ghosts join a household and favourite that household/households. That way the ghosts would be 100% sure safe from culling, no further work needed. The tombstones are like teleporters and the ghost will show up haunting through their tombstones even if they don't live on the lot. I have had ghosts who live elsewhere or not in the world to show up regularly.

Message 7 of 8 (3,047 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simsimsere I’ll try that. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8 (3,022 Views)