Re: Sims 4 Gallery

by SheriGR

Original Post

Sims 4 Gallery

★★ Novice

Bro why can I not share items on the gallery. It's literally always something with this * game that so many of us spent soooo much money on. You guys really need to get your * together. Uploading content and downloading take almost 30 minutes and then it just stops as if nothing just happened. 😑😑😑

Message 1 of 5 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bullbaby425 

Assuming you are on PC or Mac...

If it's unusual for you to have this issue, I would assume the gallery is temporarily down or having issues, or that your local internet browser or computer is having issues.

If this is happening normally for you, I'm afraid that you may have a slow internet issue, or that your computer is having difficulty running the game.  This can be caused by a number of things such as:

• a slow internet speed/carrier/service
  • a glitch in your service or router
  • a cache issue locally, in the browser, or in your game, etc.
  • a computer that doesn't meet specifications for running the game & packs you own (or barely does)
  • an overloaded computer without much room left to 'run' things
  • a conflict with an antivirus
  • a game that's bogged down by a lot of Mods/CC, large library, many game saves, or some other content
  • game settings (graphics, etc) that are a stretch for your computer to handle
  • a cache issue

...And that's just a short list of the many possible factors. 

If you are normally having speed issues and your game seems bogged down, and an overload of content is not the issue, you can try a game repair ... (click spoiler tag for directions):

Spoiler

How to run a game repair:

• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
  • If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
  • If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Then please also delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder (your game will re-create this folder next time you open the game) Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > localthumbnailcache.package

If this doesn't help and you're on PC, please attach a DxDiag file here.

How to gather a DxDiag file: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

Champion

@Bullbaby425, this probably can go under "overloaded computer can't run things" on @SheriGR 's list, but I have noticed that if I leave too many tables open on my internet browser, then my computer will slow down and therefore so will my game.Frown  This can even happen if I don't have a lot of tabs open but if one of them has a lot of ads running. Disappointed While this probably isn't what is causing your downloading from the Gallery to be so slow, it can effect it so I thought I should mention it! Raised eyebrowWink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a gaming computer and pretty good internet. The game just sucks now, but thanks. None of that helped

Message 4 of 5 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bullbaby425 Sometimes other things can be going on in the computer, even if it's a gaming computer, that may show up in your DxDiag file. Would you be willing to attach that? Thank you!
[Tagging @jpkarlsen - If you include the DxDiag file, JP is planning to look it over.]

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 5 (397 Views)