Re: Sims 4 Gallery - Can't use hearts or other symbols

by SheriGR

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@Gednaa @VIKING5GRL I wonder if you both play TS4 in Svenska? Just came into my mind since @VIKING5GRL s name suggests a Scandinavian origin and I know that @Gednaa is using a Swedish keyboard. Maybe switching TS4 into other languages like English might help. Also, if this problem has started just recently (like a few weeks ago) it might have happened in association with an update on your computer (a recent Mac OS update maybe?)

Message 21 of 28 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR I never tried the online gallery so thank you very much for the link! I will definitely give that a go. I always say that I've D/L or Faved a simmer's work and we have nice chats on our profiles. Great community spirit there! Standard smile
Message 22 of 28 (681 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Japanic2012 I have the Swedish keyboard, just incase I contact my Swedish friends from when I lived in Sweden way back! Still in tough with them, so always have the option to switch to Swedish Keyboard, but I use English keyboard 99.999% of the time. Thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated. All suggestions to this is great!
Message 23 of 28 (681 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks so much for all your helpful suggestions @SheriGR @Japanic2012 @PoptartJuniper  

Just tested this out on the browser gallery from my phone and was able to copy & paste a heart! Also <3 worked as well Standard smile It’s not as user friendly as console text and I can’t seem to access friends profile pages but still so happy for this! Hope it will work for you too @Gednaa Standard smile You guys are awesome, thank you! 

Message 24 of 28 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@VIKING5GRL Here I am at last! Yes, I did the same and it worked on the public gallery, but I doubt I'll use that, I prefer the ingame gallery, that's where we all hang out, but it's good to know, so thanks for reporting back. and thanks also to @japanicc2012 for the heads up! Standard smile
Message 25 of 28 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gednaa The in-game gallery and the gallery in the browser are the same gallery, just in case I didn't clarify that. So if you add your hearts via the gallery in the browser they will show in the in-game gallery also, though sometimes it takes an hour or more, and sometimes also a restart of the game, to sync them so you see the same thing.

Also, you can download to your library from the browser gallery (again, as I mentioned with commenting in the browser gallery, you need to be logged into your EA account for all of this to work), and in that case you definitely then need to restart your game to have the item then show up in your game's library. 😊

Another difference between the gallery locations is the ability to remove a comment you made (if you made an error, etc.). You can only remove your comment in the in-game gallery. I have had many times where I added a comment to a lot in the browser gallery and realized I had a typo... so to remove the comment with the error I have to then open my game and find the comment on the item in the in-game gallery to remove it. Then I just add a corrected comment instead.

@VIKING5GRL I see you had success at adding hearts in your comments! Thank you for your kind comments and ♥ ♥ ♥!! ❣️😊❣️

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 26 of 28 (2,568 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR Thanks so much for this valued information. I will test out the browser gallery again and hopefully, things I download will be in my in-game too. I'd always wondered about the browser gallery and just never bothered with it, as I guess I'm lazy! lol. But you've been a great help and I shall now mark this as solved! Yay! <3 <3
Message 27 of 28 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gednaa You're so very welcome! I'm glad the information was helpful and hope you all have great success adding your hearts to comments!  ♥ ♥ ♥

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 28 of 28 (604 Views)