Re: Sims 4 Fire

by Cestmoiaussi

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've played Sims4 on 2 different computers, and my Sims never extinguish the flames. I click "Extinguish" repeatedly, and it queues up in their to-do icons. But they just stay standing there freaking out. I have a fire at a weenie roast right now. I'm going to exit to main menu, put sprinklers outside (if that works) and start the party over. I don't understand having an "Extinguish" interaction in the game if it doesn't work. *shrug* I've hit 3 or bugs that ruined the game so bad that I had to start completely fresh. This isn't one of those. This one is just super annoying.

Edit: Oh my word, the sprinkler alarm outside does nothing at all, and one of my guests is on fire and about to die. "Extinguish" is doing nothing. The log chair by the fire pit caught on fire -- again. I'll exit to menu, and start the party over with rock chairs. Hopefully they won't catch on fire.

Message 61 of 82 (1,237 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sprinklers must have a roof. Cancel the fire panic and then click extinguish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 62 of 82 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply, JP! The "panic" isn't showing on their queue. Just multiple "Extinguish" commands that disappear one at a time while the sim stands there. It must be bugged on my game.

Message 63 of 82 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie
what if i dont have a adult in the house`?
Message 64 of 82 (1,078 Views)

★ Apprentice

If there is no adult in the house in real life then there would be no one to rescue pets or children (or property) either...

Message 65 of 82 (1,040 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had a fire, and although I had an 'Extinguish fire with freeze ray' option, the Sim would not do so. There was no other extinguish option. Got him out of the house and clicking on a Stan or a Paparazzi gave a 'Fire!' option, which you would think would be warning them of the fire or asking for help, but no, it just meant my sim stood their panicking. 

When far enough outside the house there was a 'Find escape route' option when clicking on my Sim, which also did nothing. Moving my sim back into the house to again try to extinguish the fire just ended up with my sim on fire, able to try to extinguish himself, but by this point too in need of food and a toilet and failing.... because everyone knows that even when you are well away from the fire you cannot even pee.... Seriously?

Completely broken.

Message 66 of 82 (1,036 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Cestmoiaussi 

Please read previous answers in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 67 of 82 (1,030 Views)

★ Apprentice

1) It would have been easier to simply state what you think I missed.

2) The sprinkler system seems somewhat unclear, and regardless...

3) Supposedly there are 'Extinguish' and 'Extinguish with Freeze Ray' options. The existence of sprinklers, even if they work perfectly, merely means there is a workaround option other than the far more obvious 'Put out the fire yourself' options that I just mentioned. If the more personal methods are no longer intended to work, they should take them out completely rather than have them as selectable options.

Message 68 of 82 (1,019 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Extinguish self and extinguish fire is covered in previous answers.

Message 69 of 82 (1,014 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

True, but I think there's a object in front of the fire so I cant put it out. They also made it so I can't go in to build more to move the object in the way while a 🔥 is in the lot. I need help ASAP 😳😰

Message 70 of 82 (992 Views)