Re: Sims 4 Expansions, are they worth the money anymore?

by AttackofCatalx

Original Post

★ Guide

Okay... I had written a long rant about what I thought about this and somehow my long post got deleted? I didn't insult anyone or anything so why was it deleted with how long it took me to write it? I just have given my point of view regarding the games and compared them to the previous versions and what was good and what wasn't... Everybody else wrote long posts and mine was deleted. 

I wasn't even rude so I don't get it. I was just sharing my thoughts.. Doesn't even show up on my board so it's like I never wrote that answer. Great, I really did take my time to build a thoughtful answer. Frown

Message 11 of 15 (409 Views)

Champion

@EriSims974 If there was no rule broken by your comment loss was likely some type of error or unruly software glitch. I've had this happen here and there (where something didn't save properly, etc.) I have taken to sometimes saving my comment periodically in a text editor on my computer if it was time consuming or would be hard to reproduce, so if it didn't save and upload properly I didn't lose it... I haven't had it happen for a while so I had hoped it wasn't a thing any more, but just in case you may want to try that. I'm so sorry for your frustration and I feel your pain.  Frown

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 15 (402 Views)

★ Guide
@SheriGR That sucks! Because once I sent it I did see it on the thread so that's why I gotta wonder if they thought I said something that wasn't to their liking, but pretty sure I didn't. Can't send it back because I only copied and pasted the last part of it since I had an issue properly inserting it on the thread *sigh*
Message 13 of 15 (389 Views)

@EriSims974  It looks like your post was caught in the spam filter; that can happen when you edit several times or add a bunch of links, although it can happen for no apparent reason as well.  The post is back now though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 15 (378 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with so much of what you’ve said. I do understand the improvements that Sims 4 has made with some aspects of building and gameplay being less laggy. I was the same as you where I didn’t really experience much lagging or crashing with Sims 3 until my laptop got older, but I knew it was an issue for others. 

I love love love Island Living, it gets a lot of bad rep for various reasons but the world itself is closer to what I was expecting Sims 4 to be like. When the university pack came out I was so deadly disappointed with the world and the layout they chose. I played sims 3 university constantly, it was basically the sole reason I was still playing sims 3 through my late teens (that and the pets expansion). Sims 3 university worlds were full of so much stuff, bowling alleys, bars, food places, full halls, the fact you could go to classes and sit in on them was such a great aspect of the uni life. There’s really just not a lot of reason to live on campus in Sims 4 and it’s sucks because it takes away from the young adults “going away” to uni if living on campus is more of a hassle than living in a different world. The bikes make me sad too because I really tried to make them work but they’re a bit buggy and pointless in a closed world. That being said I like using bikes in the pets expansion world. 

Since my original post, I’ve tried adding some more stuff packs to my game, I’ve bought every expansion, all but two game packs (not keen on vampires or Star Wars packs), but I still only have a few stuff packs because from reading up on which ones offer the most and the least, a lot of them really don’t do much for the gameplay. The ones I have bought have been slightly disappointing too, I like the stuff you get for building but even having hamsters in sims 4 is more of a hassle. Like I don’t want my hamsters jetting off into space and sending me postcards every night???

I currently play on a Mac too because I needed a Mac for uni courses irl and I do find it sad that I can’t play sims 3 anymore. I think I would go back to it like you said if I do get a gaming computer one day (not that I have any money lol).

I’ve been playing sims 4 every now and then when I’m bored and I do enjoy playing it still but just nowhere near as much as I did with sims 3. I have been out of The Sims loop in terms of the new expansion though, I haven’t heard any details but I’m assuming it’s based on the survey we did a few months back? I do hope the new expansion is a ski resort pack and if that’s the case I really want it to be like Island living but with a few more activities that you can actually interact with. I SOOOO want holiday resorts to be playable too like sims 3, I loved owning a hotel and employing people!

Thanks for everyone’s input on this post too, I can’t reply to everyone because I’m packed with work right now but it’s cool seeing the discussions since I posted this so long ago! 

Message 15 of 15 (365 Views)