Re: Sims 4 Downloaded Houses Not Appearing In Library

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★ Expert
@serendiqiity

Make sure you keep a backup. That directory contains all houses and sims in your library. Removing them won't stop the game from working, but if I were to lose stuff in my library, I'd be devastated.

Make sure you're putting the files themselves and not the subdirectory into the tray folder. That zip file I found "Newcrest Cinema" had the tray files in a subdirectory inside the zip. Don't put the subdirectory inside your tray folder. It likely won't work. Just the tray files themselves.
Message 21 of 39 (8,948 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm probably gonna look like an idiot right now, but I have two Tray folders so maybe I put it in the wrong folder?

There's one that's

Documents > Electronic Arts > Tray

And another

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray

Message 22 of 39 (8,925 Views)

Champion

@serendiqiity You have two tray folders? Is your game reading either of them? Is the second folder named "Tray_copy" or something? The game's only designed to see one "Tray" folder.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 23 of 39 (8,909 Views)

@serendiqiity  The game won't read the contents of Documents > Electronic Arts > Tray.  Everything needs to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 39 (48,194 Views)

★★ Apprentice

IDK. I've been saving builds from the gallery and sims I've created to my library successful so I assume so.

It's just Tray no _copy no Soccer ball just Tray. both of them

Message 25 of 39 (8,889 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Apparently ( 1) turns into a soccer ball lol

Message 26 of 39 (8,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@serendiqiity You don't look like an idiot at all - that's a good question. And sorry, I mistakenly thought you had two 'Tray' folders in the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray folder. The game will only see/read the one 'Tray' folder that's located inside the "The Sims 4" folder.  That particular 'Tray' folder will hold the contents that you see in your Library in the game.

Message 27 of 39 (8,842 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ah okay that makes sense.

I put the tray folders in Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4 > Tray and the builds appeared!

Thank you for all of your help!!! @SheriGR @puzzlezaddict @Psychotps 

Message 28 of 39 (8,825 Views)

Champion

@serendiqiity 

Does the other 'Tray' folder contain the files you have been having trouble viewing in your game? (Please see my last comment. If so...

1. Make a copy of your 'The Sims 4' onto your desktop before trying this (as a backup, save it on your desktop or something).
  2. Then open the 'Tray' folder located at...  Documents > Electronic Arts > Tray and copy all of the files inside that folder.
  3. Next, paste all of those files into the tray folder that's in the correct location, which is the one the game is reading... Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray
  4. Now restart the game and see if the houses and content that you were trying to add to the game is in your library.

Message 29 of 39 (8,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@serendiqiity Too funny... while you were figuring it out I was 'step-by-stepping' you though that in a separate message (composing it)!! Lol!! I'm so happy all of your builds are now appearing in your library. Have fun! 

Message 30 of 39 (8,815 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help