Re: Sims 4 Downloaded Houses Not Appearing In Library

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Downloaded Houses Not Appearing In Library

★★ Apprentice

I downloaded 3 houses. Two are from soulsistersims and one is from Barbara Sims. Both of them aren't appearing in my library.

I have script mods enabled

I extracted the zip file

I put the 0x000 in my tray folder, they are not in a subfolder

I put the cc in my mods folder

I went down advanced and clicked 'Include Custom Content'

I updated my game

I repaired my game

The weirdest part is that I have maybe 5 houses from PralineSims that I downloaded in December. I deleted the tray files and cc but I restored it. Those 5 builds are showing up but the new 3 builds aren't. 

I don't know what to do!

Message 1 of 39 (39,623 Views)

Accepted Solution

@serendiqiity  The game won't read the contents of Documents > Electronic Arts > Tray.  Everything needs to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 24 of 39 (47,986 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@serendiqiity 

• Do these lots include CC?
  • Does this happen if you download a lot from a player with no CC (You could try something from my gallery, as I have no Mods/CC.)
  • If you download from the browser gallery (not the in-game gallery) the item will not appear in your game library until you re-start your game.

Please try the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 39 (39,558 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes they include cc

I haven't downloaded a build that hasn't included CC. 

The build should be in my library, but I used the in-game gallery

I tried the steps accordingly but known of the builds appeared. :l

Message 3 of 39 (39,531 Views)

Champion

@serendiqiity Do you own all of the CC included in the builds? Have you checked if any of the CC that you own or that is in the builds needs an update? If you would like to test with a build that does not use CC to see if you get the same results you could download one of mine. They contain no CCC or Mods. User SheriGR. If it does not work, try following the steps given first to make sure the Mods/CC/cache are removed in order to test if they are causing the issue. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 39 (39,516 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I own all of the cc.

Wouldn't the build still show up in my library even if it has broken cc in it?

I downloaded a house that doesn't have cc, neither did that build appear in my library.

I removed the cc, localthumbcache, and resource file but it still won't appear and I don't have any mods in my mods folder at the moment.

Message 5 of 39 (39,469 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@serendiqiity 

If you download a lot from the Gallery and immediately place it in one of your worlds, It won't save it to your library. You need to make sure to save it to your library FIRST before placing it.

The bottom-left corner of the Lot View says "Save Lot to My Library". Make sure you hit that. If you use the button on the bottom-right corner "Place Lot", it will place the lot for immediate use, but NOT save it to your library.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 39 (39,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's not from the gallery. I got it from a video and downloaded the CC and tray files so it should already be in my library.

Message 7 of 39 (39,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@serendiqiity 

Well, the CC is irrelevant. If you put the tray files in the tray folder, the lot would should show up whether you have the CC or not. Without the CC in the mods folder, the lot would still show up, it would just be missing whatever the CC objects were.

If you placed the files in the correct location, "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray", and it doesn't show up, then either you have "Include custom content" turned off in your LIBRARY, or there's something wrong with the tray files.

If you download tray files from another location, do THOSE show up?

I'd give you one of mine to test with, but we can't post links here.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 39 (39,413 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Include custom content is turned on in my library and game settings.

I don't think there's an issue with the tray files? I downloaded builds in 2019 and those show up but the ones I've recently downloaded aren't. The builds from 2019 are pralinesims build and they've retired so I don't think they'd update their tray files out of the blue like that?

'If you download tray files from another location, do THOSE show up?'

Do you mean like a different website?

Message 9 of 39 (39,392 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@serendiqiity

Yes. If you downloaded someone else's tray files and put them in and THEY show up, then it's something wrong with those single tray files.
Message 10 of 39 (39,385 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help