Sims 4 Discover University - I'm getting no response to my new roommate ad.

by hegsj15

Original Post

Sims 4 Discover University - I'm getting no response to my new roommate ad.

★ Novice

I am able to place an ad for a new roommate but I've never had any responses. I have plenty of beds and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling game and still nothing... 

I've seen one or two mention this issue before but I haven't found any solutions yet. 

Help please? 

Message 1 of 3 (875 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University - I'm getting no response to my new roommate ad.

★★★ Expert

@hegsj15 I don't pretend to speak for everyone because there might be better answers than mine, but I have the same thing happening in my game and my only work-around has been to ask NPC Sims directly if they would like to move in as a roommate. If they are currently homeless and not part of a household with other Sims, they should say yes. I have gained four long-term roommates this way. I know it's not perfect and I would much rather that NPC Sims would respond to my ads but that hasn't been happening. I wanted to have roommates and now I have them, so the end result is really the same either way.

Good luck, I hope this helps & that maybe someone else can provide a better answer than mine.

#stayandplay

Message 2 of 3 (842 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University - I'm getting no response to my new roommate ad.

Hero

@hegsj15  In addition to what @RandomBuzziness has recommended, have you looked at the lot dropdown in build mode to see if any beds are listed for the lot?  Sometimes, lots will show zero beds and zero bathrooms.  

Another thing that impacts roommates is if you have pets.  So even though you have a vacant people bed, the game doesn't see it as vacant as it seems to count the pet the same way it counts a sim.  I'm not sure it even counts pet beds.

But I have had it happen too and used the ask to be roommate option to get roommates.

Message 3 of 3 (798 Views)